• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Gold mining

Started by Barney, November 30, 2019, 06:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Has any one got details of early (steam era) gold mining e.g. the sort were its mined underground bought up to the surface is it then crushed then washed  - watched the series Gold Rush and its mainly on the surface type then dumped into rotating trommels and washers not really the type of thing Im looking its going to be part of my mining scene - thinking more on the line of ore bins  and some sort of processing plant looked at various sites but it keeps coming up us new systems with trade chatting !! selling new plant systems
even a drawing of the process would help
Barney   

NORCALLOGGER

Barney,
Try Googling, The Comstock Mines and or Nevada Mining, in images as well as text information, might put you on the right track.
Rick

Dennis McCarthy

Here's a link to pix and drawings of a small mine/mill in the So. Calif desert that may be of interest: https://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/hh/item/ca1734/

Many more at HABS/HAER Library of Congress site.

Cheers, Dennis

Barney

Thanks for the info' some nice photos and drawings I can now start the project with no excuses !
Barney