• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 Bucket chain excavator Ertmer KB 1

Started by Bernhard, October 27, 2019, 03:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Now the chain support rollers must be mounted on the upper part of the bucket ladder, ...

Bernhard

... then it can be installed in the frame.

Bernhard

Then the chain support rollers are attached to the middle part of the bucket ladder.

Bernhard

On a piece of track the bucket chain excavator can be provisionally installed.

Bernhard

The middle part of the bucket ladder is installed.

Bernhard

Now the chain can finally be pulled in for the first time. But I had to find out that the 4 pulleys at the joints of the bucket ladder are 0.9 mm too big. After I had made a suitable replacement, the chain could be pulled in completely.

Bernhard

Now also the levelling piece can be finished. The carrier for the deflection rollers must be positioned so that the closed chain has the correct pre-tension.

Bernhard

Bernhard

This allows the levelling piece to be painted and completed, ...

Bernhard

... and then installed.

Bernhard

Finally, the adjusting ropes for the bucket ladder and the levelling piece are mounted. These are also made of 0.27 mm stainless steel.

And with that the bucket ladder excavator is finally finished!

Bernhard

On closer inspection of the photos, I saw that the ropes are partly not lying correctly on the pulleys and the rope drums. This will of course be corrected. Furthermore I will patinate the ropes.

Bernhard

The only downer: I decided with a heavy heart to remove the chain drive. In fact, the chain is very difficult to pull through the guides due to the low clearance. The risk is too great that it will tear through the operation.

Bernhard

If the model is now unfortunately not functional, it is at least absolutely scale. On this scale it is difficult to meet both requirements at the same time.

Bernhard

The project has kept me busy since April 2017, with some more or less long interruptions.