• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

black rubberized CA adhesive

Started by Bill Gill, October 18, 2019, 06:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

Here is a cyanoacrylate I had not seen before and I have not used it. The company, Starbond, makes several CA adhesives. The one shown hhere is their KBL-500 Starbond black medium thick CA glue. It is also rubberized which is supposed to make the bond less brittle. Works with wood for filling knotholes, but also says it's good with a number of other materials.
https://www.starbond.com/black-medium-thick-ca-glue-kbl-500.html

finescalerr

Thanks for posting that information. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Interesting. I wonder if it's sandable?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Ray, Yes, the woodworking video I saw showed the glue being sanded. There are other CA glues that have been rubberized for "toughness" (actually to make them less brittle). Gorilla CA glue is one and 3M and Loctite are at least two other brands that have some too.