• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 Motorcycle-powered critter

Started by Bernhard, October 10, 2019, 03:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Hello together
Kim and Ray asked me about the motorcycle-powered critter that can be seen in the background of my video of the test run of the EIMCO 401. I would like to share it here briefly.
I found the idea on https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/the-trio-of-german-narrow-gauge-draisines-t287047.html. The photo below of the prototype also comes from there.

Bernhard

The model consists of two kits:
- a BMW R12 from IBG-Modellbau (No. 35001) and
- a conversion kit from U-Models (No. 175), which contains the lorry frame with the bench seat.
It's a static model with no drive.

Bernhard

Actually the prototype was driven by a Zündapp K800. Since I did not find a model of it, I used a BMW 12R. The time of this model also fits to the prototype.
The plastic model was quickly assembled and painted.

Bernhard

The lorry frame and the bench are made of resin parts.
Since it is obviously intended for normal gauge, I had to cut out 2.5 mm in the middle and glue the two halves together again.

Bernhard

And here's the finished service vehicle of the general manager, ready for the next inspection round.

Bernhard

Chuck Doan

That is great! What an interesting prototype, and a very nice model.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

And nice weathering on the turntable handle. -- Russ

1-32

Hi Bernhard.
Very nice I hope you don't mind but here is another example I think the scale is 1-22.5
cheers, Kim.

Hauk

Quote from: 1-32 on October 10, 2019, 03:02:37 PM
Hi Bernhard.
Very nice I hope you don't mind but here is another example I think the scale is 1-22.5
cheers, Kim.

Brilliant modelling, but when are the military modelleres going to learn what railroad track really looks like?
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Bernhard on October 10, 2019, 03:03:20 AM
And here's the finished service vehicle of the general manager, ready for the next inspection round.

Awesome! Great job. I like the tiny turntable too.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: 1-32 on October 10, 2019, 03:02:37 PM
Hi Bernhard.
cheers, Kim.

Very cool!

I wonder if I could figure out a way to build one in 1/24th scale and have it actually run? Probably not... fitting a motor might be possible but I'd also need to hide a battery and R/C electronics.

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

There's this nice little prototype on a 60cm gauge park railway in Chemnitz, Germany
Les

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World