• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Big Adventure.

Started by 1-32, June 20, 2019, 02:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

Now you've added a parasail ;D

1-32

Hi Lawton.
No, it is a canopy.
cheers

finescalerr

You call it a canopy, Lawton calls it a parasail but, on a car, they call it a spoiler. This is all very confusing to someone like me with a simple mind. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Russ, I thought a spoiler was thing that gave away the ending of a mystery movie. Kim is taking great pains to avoid letting his mystery out of the bag. :)

Lawton Maner

Once the scow gets up to speed it will glide just like the Flying Nun did on the TV show.

finescalerr

The flying nun was my next door neighbor from the first grade until I graduated from high school. Yes, Sally Field. And despite her nice looks and popularity she was never the slightest bit stuck up. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi all.
Here we go again this time the big adventure in a shoebox, yes it also has become the shoe box challenge at least the diorama but it will be interesting if I can also fit in lights we will see.Another bit of the puzzle has been added to the background primer only.
cheers, Kim.

Lawton Maner

If you use a real shoe box that a pair of combat boots came in there would be more space.

finescalerr

Let's see what you come up with this time. Should be interesting. -- Russ

1-32

No Lawton you are not allowed to cheat -no big boxes!
Shoe boxes only size maximum -300 mm long[12 inches]
width -190 mm [7.5 inches]
height-111 mm[5 inches]
and yes you can use the lid if there is a use.
cheers,

1-32

Hi
The Big Adventure in a shoebox soon will take a recognizable shape.
At the moment I am just building it and is a bit raw at the end  I will blend it all together.
I feel it is something new from me especially with the backdrop which is paper.
cheers.

shitao

Hi Kim

Looking good! Please continue to show your progress step by step!
Greetings from Switzerland

Thomas

1-32

Hi all.
here we go the start of my swamp,  I just paint it on I like resins but I just don't like the method maybe I will use a thin veneer we will see. The overall scene is smaller now I usually make things too big then trim later when the overall composition becomes clearer.
cheers.

finescalerr

I feel covered by mold and fungus just from looking at it .... -- Russ