• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Big Adventure.

Started by 1-32, June 20, 2019, 02:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Hi, how are you all going?
I have been thinking for a while about starting a new topic and if so what would I call it now I know.it will be called the- Big Adventure.
But first I will repost some earlier photos to get the idea going.
Now moving forward hopefully full of imagination, mistakes,  fake finishes but at the end a small build close to my original idear.
The dog has seen something through the jungle that is blocking the boat and it does not like it.
cheers, Tim ,Kim

finescalerr

I like your little boat but the third photo didn't show up. My computer says it didn't upload properly or something. -- Russ

1-32

Hi Russ.
I will do it again.

1-32

Lawton Maner

Rather then a mature fisherman, the figure in the boat should be a kid dressed as a pirate.  Gives the viewer a much larger imaginative venue to stimulate then what you have now.

peterh

Aaaaaaaahhh: mature dreamer.
Peter

1-32

yes, you have it mature adventure no kids just a dog with a great smell and hearing who likes companionship.
The trouble with large scale figures you really don't have a lot to choose from what I have been aiming for is a retired male Australian who knows his way around Bali and the back islands of South East Asia buys a traditional vessel and takes off with his dog. The figure I am using has been butchered and filled and the silly cap has been changed to a nice shade hat the dog is an old buy but does the job well
This is all possible to a very small degree most of the black blocks are off limits the governments don't want you there and the locals want you as a meal ticket, when I think about this is the same in the back blocks of Africa, Central America and Asia -shame really.
So I really hope you enjoy the build I certainly do.
Cheers

1-32

i just realised that most of the world is not happy with the west and don't want us there.

finescalerr

No wonder: Even the west is not happy with the west! -- Russ

shitao

Back then in past everything was better:

Go West... Live is peaceful there...

But to come back to the essential: your boat is a great piece of art !
You treated the wood perfectly: it is just the right color and weathering.
Greetings from Switzerland

Thomas

Bill Gill

Kim I'm liking the mystery as much as the modeling. Both are fun.
You are weaving a curious story while the dog is coming right to the point :)

1-32

1-32

Hi all.
I am having trouble with my picture loader so the 2 part post to make sure it is all posted and nothing is  missing .
For a while now I have been one of the top posters and lately the top poster,  not the most popular that goes to Chuck. I usually go along with a bit of reaction no worries, but the trouble is that I really like modelling and making things up,  so here we go again.
The first 2 pictures are of the sale of the boat -paper, wood, markers,  wire and string. I wanted the sail to be really thin so if I used paint and water it would have warped, the spirit based markers work really well[they will fade over time].
The last 4 photos are of the boat nearly finished going off to the adventure,.It is perhaps the most hand made  item that I have made in a while I have not used any commercial castings just basic tools and basic materials just like the craftsmen of Asia.
The next bit is going to be hard I have the idea if it is going to work but at least I have a nice boat.
Hi Bill and Shitao how are you doing?
Cheers Kim

Ray Dunakin

Looks good! The sail is interesting and unusual.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Kim, your stuff has character and charisma. It's art. The only reactions I have to it are positive. The boat has inspired me to fool around with something similar one of these days. Let's see what the next phase of the project will be. -- Russ