• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Sierra West Sawmill Project

Started by Robert G, June 09, 2019, 02:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

I like it! Seems to be holding together. Not sure how heavy sawdust is anyway.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Robert G

The Log Stop on it's wooden base.

Lawton Maner

Sawdust is a very hydroscopic material.  When is an open topped bin it will absorb lots of water.  The sawdust itself when dry will float on water, but when wet it weighs quite a lot.

shitao

Hi

It is always easy to show photos from the real thing..
When will you show us some pics from a model?.. ;D

Looks amazing!
Greetings from Switzerland

Thomas

finescalerr

You are linking your photos and some links do not work. Please upload your photos to this forum -- do not link them. Many visitors complain because they cannot see the photos. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Robert G

The entrance door of the Maintenance Shed of the sawmill.

finescalerr

The owners of that building are unusually polite. Most signs omit the "please" and some add "trespassers will be shot". -- Russ

Lawton Maner

Only in Kentucky and West Virginia do they say "shot on sight"

Barney

A sign outside a mine entrance in the forest of Dean England

Vandals will not be prosecuted
                                                               next of kin
                                                           will be informed

Barney

Lawton Maner

Only the English would be that polite.  My favorite sign in England is a warning sign near to Stonehenge which instructs one to not touch anything because it might explode and kill you. 

At the head of the pack is one that was on a laser in the physics lab in college which said "Please do not look into the lasing aperture with your remaining good eye".  Simple and to the point!

A sign on the outside fence of a safari park in Florida warns that trespassers will be killed and eaten. 

1-32

Ray Dunakin

Awesome work on that wall and door!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World