• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Dirty Dog

Started by 1-32, February 25, 2019, 04:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Hi everybody.
The process of laying out the shape is called scribing I learnt it in my past life of employment my method is different from most boat builders their process is laying out every rib individually and assembling to a plan.
The hull is now 80 per cent finished clad in 0.5 mm pieces of wood of various widths a fiddly job but surprisingly enjoyable.
And lastly, a picture of my tool chest to do this planking embarrassing simple I use super glue as it is fast and a no 3 blade very sharp and solid just the thing for cutting the sheets of wood .
cheers.

finescalerr

An interesting and attractive design. And thanks for explaining that the key is to cut strips from sheets of wood. Sounds like it would be frustrating and fussy until you get used to doing it. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World