• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

no finger prints

Started by Barney, February 20, 2019, 02:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Any ideas of how to remove super glue off your fingers !!!! holding two parts together and excess of Super Glue has left me with a covering of glue and no finger prints - or is it time to do the great train heist of the year !!!!
Barney
Why when you want it to stick it don't !!

Lawton Maner

Bill Gill

Acetone is less noxious than MEK but both solvents are easily absorbed through the skin. If you aren't in a hurry, a little cooking oil or Vaseline worked over the glue will loosen it in a few minutes.

5thwheel

Finger nail remover is less toxic but a bit slower.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

I use soap and a "Dobie" brand scrub pad. A Scotch-Brite pad might work too.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Barney

Thanks for the answers or rely it should be don't get on your fingers in the first place.  In my case this time it came off overnight
and the super glue was a different make to what I have used previous were it lasted for days
Must have a shower more often.
Barney
Thats another good thing about this Forum "if you have a query just ask "

Lawton Maner

Probably the easiest thing is to not get it on your fingers in the first place.  You can buy applicators from some vendors or raid SWMBO's (She Who Must BE Obeyed) sewing treasure and make one in about 15 minutes.  Take a piece of dowel about the size of a pencil, insert a darning needle into one end, then cut the end of the eye off to create a Y shaped fork on the end. (Use proper eye and hand protection while doing this).  ::) ::)  You simply dip the tool into the super glue and then apply the small amount to the pieces which need to be joined.  Different sized needles can be used to create tools to carry differing amounts of glue to the spot where it is needed.  They also work well to carry small amounts of oil to lube small machinery.

darrylhuffman

Back in 1973, ACC was new enough very few people knew about it.

In my hobby shop, I would superglue quarters to the counters just to watch people's reactions.

The big question we all had back then was the superglue going to last.

This was back when ship model castings were in an alloy that turned to powder after about 20 years.

Happy to say, ACC still works and holds after all these years.

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.