• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Freight House

Started by lucas gargoloff, December 10, 2008, 02:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas gargoloff

Well, this is my first steps in structures in 0 scale.
I´ve just start with my first scratch structure in this scale. I´ve been model H0 for many years, and change to 0n30 few month ago. I start this building with many laser cuts, first I draw in CAD and cut in laser in a 1mm sheet. Side walls are 2mm MDF, I decided to cut in laser because I haven´t to do all cuts for windows and doors. Then I glue hand scribbed sidding wood. How am planning to add interior, I Have to do interior walls in MDF too, but not laser cut.
Send pics of the shhets with many parts I cut.
I know i was wrong in the measures of the sidding wood, I will change it in the other sides.
Hope you enjoy!
Lucas

Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

marklayton

Lucas -

Very impressive.  What laser machine do you use to cut the wood?

Mark
He who dies with the most tools wins.

lucas gargoloff

Thanks Mark. A friend of mine has the laser cut machine. Is a Versa VLS series.
I can find it, I think the VLS2.30 is the same he has:
http://www.hobartlasers.co.uk/content.php?sid=48&psid=33
Cheers!

marklayton

Thanks, Lucas.

Just looked on the web and found a US supplier with a price list.  Not inexpensive, but not as bad as I was expecting.
http://www.engraversnetwork.com/specs/VersaLaser_pricing.pdf

Mark
He who dies with the most tools wins.

lucas gargoloff

They aren´t cheapper than we expects. If I could have it, I only do cuts for my hobbie, but my wife will kill me!!! :D :D :D
My friend use it for work all day cutting "my things", and doing all you can imagine.

lucas gargoloff

I will add an open shed at one side. I´ve scratch it with wood and add some NBW from Grandt Line.

lucas gargoloff

Yesterday was playing with plaster castings. I have to do the basement, I said playing, because I never tried it before. I´m satisfied with results, now I have to paint it. You can see all tools used.

lab-dad

Looking good Lucas.
You have had better luck on the stones than I did!
I would suggest looking at "New England Brownstone" he has a website, it is the best stone work I have ever seen.
He also has a TON of proto pics.
The open air shed is cool too.

lucas gargoloff

Thanks Marty!! This page help me a lot!! Now I will make a couple of stone walls and try molds with silicone for make more!!!
Regards

jacq01

Lucas,

a pity you brushed the wall after you carved out the stones. Now the brush lines are accentuated as they run all in the same direction. The stones directly from the wrinkled al. foil look much better.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

lucas gargoloff

Thanks Jaq, maybe you´re right. I noticed it when compare the pics. Will try more, off course.
Cheers