• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Scrap yard in 1/16th scale

Started by Barney, January 24, 2019, 09:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Tindall

Perhaps I'm becoming a "wierdo"!  As I look around on my day to day travels I seem to look more closely at rust, grot, stains. Too often I go to model exhibitions and see glossy engines, pristine stock - that's not life. Things deteriorate (especially us humans) and that is what I like to reproduce in models. Long live rust!!!! (though it usually doesn't)

Les   

shropshire lad

Quote from: Les Tindall on January 28, 2019, 06:58:19 AM
The nice thing about scrap lines is you can build whatever you want, and all that lovely rust (sorry I'm dribbling!!)
Here's one just a few miles from me here on the Isle of Wight". 

Les

Les, that's not scrap , it's good stuff waiting for a new use !  Do you know what the crane is ? Looks a bit like a Ruston Bucyrus RB17/19 . Am I anywhere close ?

Nick

Les Tindall

Its a Preistman
Les

Barney

The scrap yard collection is growing - a petrol pump with all its inner bits -a single cylinder stationary engine with water pump and a few galvanised tanks with fittings
Barney

Bill Gill

Maybe you could have a yard sale instead of a scrap yard and recoup some of your investment :)

finescalerr

What a beautiful collection of future junk. -- Russ

Les Tindall

As always Barney, superb, lovely clean lines great detail.

Les

Design-HSB

Barny, such a junkyard can have more flair like make glossy plant. I'm excited to see what happens next.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Nice collection of "junk", and much more interesting than the usual pile of castings.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

More junk for the yard (or usable bits for another day) The hand winch - all parts trial fit only so-far needs a few more spacers on shafts and fit a brake - the cogs are nylon and were a bit thin for 1/16th scale so they now consist of two glued together back to back
Barney

Barney

the real thing

Barney

Bit more work on the old boiler (well past its sell by date) more pipes and fittings and a sheet of metal or old enamel sign  with a brick on top !
at the moment in a under coat
Barney

Barney

finescalerr

Your models look better than their prototypes. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

What kind of paint will you use to paint the nylon gears?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World