• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Scrap yard in 1/16th scale

Started by Barney, January 24, 2019, 09:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Had a sort out of unfinished junk and some I had lost interests in - some bits to finish  and then create a small loco grave yard and scrap pile
so far two battery box critters and a compressed air loco
Barney

Barney

more

Design-HSB

Barney, I like your work and they testify to diligence.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

1-32

Hi Barney.
you are so close to finishing you should just finish it .it looks great-
cheers

fspg2

Kim is right - too bad for the junkyard - you should finish the models!
Frithjof

Ray Dunakin

Very cool, especially that compressed air loco.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Greg Hile

1-32

Hi, Barney how are you with painting is the thought of painting stopping you finishing. usually, I think that some finishes are not appropriate and the examples of museum presentation are the best, that is a primer and top coat from a hobby quality spray can .no weathering.
cheers Kim

Barney

hi Kim - no its not the painting its just at times I get total peed of with the model e.g. taking to long - not satisfied with certain parts and worst of all scale "jumping" and to finalise accidentally dropping it in the paint shop the Ruth Diesel ending life like that !
Scale jumping I think has been my biggest problem but hopefully I have settled to the larger scale by building small prototypes - example small mining critters and mining equipment all built on small dioramas restricted to 2ft x 10'' so they fit in plastic container boxes for storage purposes
(since our downsizing in house) hopefully these small dioramas will be able to bolt together to form one larger exhibition type layout
So to sum up the scrap yard will be "highly detailed" collection of models at the moment building several small features such as an engine block
with cylinder head removed - old exhaust pipes - a galvanised water tank - old starter motors and generators and so on all small items that I know I can finish ! the mining critters will be on a dilapidated bit of track with rotten sleepers with the battery box loco down a bit of a ditch
So watch this space work is processing well and should have photos soon.
Barney

1-32

HI, Barney, you have hit on 2 very good points -space and future use I personally like the idea of building the smaller parts at least you can see some progress
cheers Kim

Les Tindall

The nice thing about scrap lines is you can build whatever you want, and all that lovely rust (sorry I'm dribbling!!)
Here's one just a few miles from me here on the Isle of Wight". 

Les

Lawton Maner

Don't forget the angry junkyard dog.

Hydrostat

Barney,

I like the scrap yard approach. Much more than another finished 'cupboard exhibition item'. Very difficult to model with a slightly overgrown chaos. Some kind of barn(ey) find.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Barney

Les another classic load of junk loads of dribbling this end too !!
I think Junk - rubbish- grot with rust is part of life if you want a bit of realism in our world of models - but its also nice to see well looked after locos and trucks - its all about a balance
Barney