Westlake Publishing Forums
March 28, 2020, 12:28:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lambertucci Roma Ranch, NV  (Read 1964 times)
Ray Dunakin

« on: January 05, 2019, 01:07:10 AM »

One of the places I visited during my August 2018 Nevada trip was the Lambertucci Roma Ranch, near Tonopah, NV. I had seen the tops of two large metal buildings from the highway every time I was in the area. When I first tried to get there many years ago, it was inaccessible. This is no longer the case, although it did take a bit of wandering through random trails to find my way to the structures.

I had always assumed that the two large, corrugated metal buildings were some kind of mining or milling structures. To my surprise, I found out that they are actually barns. I was even more surprised to find many other buildings and ruins which are much older and not visible from the highway. This site is an amazing mishmash of funky old buildings made from a wide variety of materials. Many of them were constructed in the early 1900s. Here are a few photos:

You can see all the photos of this site, and read some history of it, here:

http://www.raydunakin.com/Site/Lambertucci_Roma_Ranch_NV.html

Enjoy!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakinís World
darrylhuffman

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 12:11:42 PM »

Thanks, Ray.

I always enjoy your findings.

Darryl

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.
TRAINS1941

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:32:47 PM »

Great find Ray.  Thanks for posting.

Jerry

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 02:41:05 PM »

That stone house must have been something when it was new. At the same time, it's a mystery why anyone would have built a ranch in such a desolate location. -- Russ
Barney

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 04:08:15 PM »

Loads of inspiration -  Thanks Ray
Barney
Ray Dunakin

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 10:49:19 PM »

I too was puzzled by the location, which is completely dry and devoid of any apparent source of water. The information I obtained from the Central Nevada Museum/History Society indicated that the ranch had a deal with one of the large mining outfits in Tonopah. Water had to be pumped out of the mines continuously. The mines used a small amount of the water, and the rest went to the ranch.

I haven't been able to confirm it, but I'm guessing that the ranch may have gone belly up when the mines ceased operation.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakinís World
Design-HSB

Klosterstollen

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 03:51:40 AM »

Yes Ray, interesting report and only with water life in the desert is possible.

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal
TRAINS1941

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 11:44:05 AM »

That stone house must have been something when it was new. At the same time, it's a mystery why anyone would have built a ranch in such a desolate location. -- Russ

To stay away from forest fires I believe!!!  Wink

Jerry

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: