Westlake Publishing Forums
October 15, 2018, 10:43:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: At the corner of the street  (Read 1089 times)
Lawton Maner

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 06:56:53 AM »

I repeat, SPECTACULAR!
Can we now make jokes about a brick outhouse?
Ray Dunakin

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2018, 11:06:52 PM »

Excellent work!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakinís World
Hauk

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2018, 01:41:51 AM »

Hi guys !

I finished the power transformer.

The brickwork look fantastic!
But I have some doubts about the roof. I have never seen concrete that has a yellow component. If the yellow was more green, I would interpret is as mould, something I have seen on several old horisontal concrete surfaces. A more reddish-brown could suggest rust seeping out from the rebar, something that is also not unusual on early concrete structures.

But this might of course be a case where there are local variations,  and I just have not seen the right prototype reference photos.

When we see models without prototype references, we sort of make an mental protoype based on what we formerly have seen in real life, other prototype pictures and even other models.

This can of course mislead us totally. So I am not claiming that the yellow is not correct, but it does not feel entirely right to me.

Regards, Hauk
--
"I believe in the wasted years of work." -Wislawa Szymborska

Remembrance Of Trains Past
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: