• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

From 1908 Fairbanks, Morse & CO. Catalog.

Started by 5thwheel, April 08, 2018, 08:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

If the model is made of paper I can only say fantastic. Why do I just use brass, silver, plastic and wood?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Greg Hile

finescalerr

My thought about modeling materials: It's not what you use; it's how you use it. A good modeler can make equally good models from metal, wood, plastic, or paper.

On the other hand, some materials are more efficient to use for producing some items. Example: It takes days to build up a truck tire from paper and every tire is, essentially, a master. On the other hand, once you've created a master from any material and make a mold, it takes minutes to cast a dozen copies of it in resin.

Russ

Ray Dunakin

All great stuff! About that coaling station... I wonder how the cars are pulled up/lowered down?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: finescalerr on April 12, 2018, 12:00:52 PM
Correction: I could get a LASER to the cut the paper. Here is an example of a 1:24 scale laser cut paper model. -- Russ

Holy cow, that is incredible!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Allan G