• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

HUFFKINS Mine

Started by Barney, January 04, 2018, 12:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

The start of Huffkins mine -formally "the mine with no name" built now in 1/24th scale

Barney

mainly built from plastic card - wheels from the scrap box

Barney

scrap area

Barney

end of the shift for an old battery storage box loco

Barney

dust and rust

Barney

Forgot to ask Mr Russ can I come out of the corner now and "Frolic" with the unmentionable others !!
Barney

detail_stymied

really nice "prime mover"

but I like the rocker shovel loader more better.
s.e. charles

Ray Dunakin

Sweet! Excellent representation of some classic mining equipment!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Well, if that doesn't inspire us nothing will. -- Russ

Design-HSB

Hi Barny, just a great sight and a pleasure to look at the models. How much mm is the gauge?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Barney

Done a few more shots in Day light - colours seem a bit more natural but colder

Barney

Gauge is 16.5 mm (standard HO /00 gauge) was toying with the idea of using On3 track gauge 3/4in making it a true 18in gauge in 1/24th  but obtaining On3 stuff over here  in the UK is a bit hit and mis and pricey so Im sticking with 16.5 a bit "Micky Mouse " I know but cost and availability is against me (makes 15in gauge) I have found some mines using this gauge.
Barney

detail_stymied

I think it makes perfect sense. when I read about fellows basically starting their own scales just to make something work, I often wonder "why?".

with models this nice, I seriously doubt any visitors to "the Pike" will call you out on the gauge discrepancy. in the event someone makes an unsavory comment, give him 2 brownie points and show him the door.
s.e. charles

Bill Gill

Nice looking equipment. Any Legos in there?

Barney

Bill - Lego every where ! - used it for the battery box - chassis spacers on the Eimco mucker shovel and the loco - and at the ends of the acrylic rod for transmission boxes