• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

Kim,

the line of washing is a very good idea. Maybe a somewhat yellow/red light behind the fence as a suggestion of distant sunlight might solve the problem with the shadows on the sky. Did you ever think of using the effects of background bruising (o Lord, please let google have translated that correctly)? With the new somewhat whiteish roofs the buildings look much less 'put in front of a background' than they did before. Maybe the roofs might benefit from getting paler/blueish the closer they are to the background.
The finish and coloring of the concrete looks very good. Maybe you may add some unifying tone to lower areas of the buildings, which to me at the moment are lacking a bit of entrenching to the ground.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

Hi there Volker.
cheers
Background bruising maybe you mean background brushing-close.
The background is less of a problem at the moment when iI photographed it the two wooden clad walls are very similar large expanses of blank walls. With my last version, everything was weathered quite heavily now I want to change that approach. The blue ting of on the roof is a great idea what I am after is galvanised roof sheets a very common building material here in Australia.
cheers Kim

Hydrostat

I mean things/landscapes appearing more and more blueish and brighter the farer they are away.
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

Goodevening.
Yes, I added a bit of blue to the roof big improvement basically a tone of the sky just enough to make it look like a different. These large plains of walls with little weathering are a great background to detail objects you know they don't compete with each other so the foreground is not overpowered by the background. I have planned at least 3 details for these areas.
With my attached photos 2 of the roof there is one of the colour pallet used in the movie industry personally I love this attention to detail.
cheers Kim

Lawton Maner

The cloud now looks a bit like steam rising from the boil kettle in the back of the laundry building.

1-32

hah.
I really really try hard but there is always something else?

Design-HSB

Hello Kim, how about a simple gradient from above a little darker and a little brighter at the bottom.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

morning all.
First I would like to say hello to all the new members of late-great modelling as far as I am concerned more the merrier there are some amazing creations out there.
The 7 days update down at the creek a nice little half round crane has been added to start the process of knocking off the hard edges-styrene and some found objects.
cheers, Kim.

1-32

Good morning all.
More pieces are being added this time the barbershop window.
cheers Kim

finescalerr

I like the red Mohawk haircut. Very trendy. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on October 02, 2019, 06:52:04 PM
I like the red Mohawk haircut. Very trendy. -- Russ

Yeah , 40 years ago !

Design-HSB

Kim, much better only I miss the barber roll.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

Yes straight from the fashion hub Dee Why -Sydney where everything from the 80 is still new.
I wanted to make individual wigs but in 1/35 no way maybe using 1/22 scale skulls but even then hard. What I want to do is to put a little hanging light complete with shade in the barbershop with some sort of outline milling around we will see. Helmut is right there have been a few versions but they were going nowhere this is better. What about the red wooden siding-weatherboard nice red all watercolor over individual boards that have been messed around with.
cheers Kim

Mr Potato Head

Kim
I saw your diorama/layout on your tube yesterday, the colors and textures looked fabulous. It really came alive, I wish the photographer shot more footage. Great job thanks for sharing
Gil Flores
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

finescalerr

Hey, Gil, where have you been? -- Russ