• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Tindall

Now I've seen it "in the flesh" (the model that is) at the Expo ng here in the UK, it is better that the photos. Great stuff!

Les Tindall

finescalerr

That is no surprise. -- Russ

1-32

Yes i was a great day,perhaps the best model show that I have attended, great to cartch up with so many friends.I flew back to Southern Europe yesterday and got caught up in a storm from hell.2 aborted landings  then diversion. At one point the engines stalled real white knuckle stuff.cheers.

Design-HSB

Hello Kim,

nice that you are healing back despite all the negative weather influences.

Do you have another report from the exhibition for us?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

Hi Helmut when i get home i will post more details Cheers Kim

Les Tindall

A couple of photos from the Expo NG.    Calstock Halton Quay  7mm scale 16.5 mm gauge, and "The Yard" (again 7mm scale 16.5mm gauge).This one had an operating gantry and a r.c. articulated truck.  Most of the exhibitors were 009 (a bit to small for me). I was not particularly impressed with the exhibition, Kim's mini diorama beat everything else hands down!
Les Tindall

1-32

Yes a bit rough around the edges,most of the displays were small 00 9 efforts.but a very friendly chatty group who all loved there modelling whatever there levels.it just goes to show what rare beasts models over 7 mm or 1/4 inch  are.it was great to show what is posssible in large scale small space i think most of the paying punters had never thought of the concept so it was great to make a impression.

Ray Dunakin

I'm glad you made it back ok.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi, all well here we go again South Creek is now receiving a new retail district.what I am looking for is a retail experience based around the village square. my little rug stall is paper and paint
cheers Kim

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi Ray.
thank you very much.
South Creek is a very fun model I can change it as much as I like but it will stay basically the same, a bit of a contradiction but I will try and explain myself. the model is made up in parts and as I go along these bits are becoming smaller like the little market stall .i have done 2 other versions before the stall in this location and are currently working on the 4th  version.they just fit in there as pieces maybe I will use them but if i don't it will not destroy the basic foundation of the model .
cheers Kim.

Design-HSB

Hello Kim, I could imagine even more at this point an ice cream, hot dog or fish sales.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

yes, exactly Helmut sausage on a bread roll.

finescalerr

It's not a diorama. It's a work of art. -- Russ

1-32

Hi, all further updates on my new shopping experience at  South Creek.
the market stall has been removed and put into storage.in its place is my fountain, bits and pieces bashed, complete with a nice water spout -scratched built. i like this layout with the courtyard it adds another dimension to the overall layout cheers Kim.