• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detail_stymied

s.e. charles

finescalerr

Another gem and quite refined. Most adequate. -- Russ

Chuck Doan

Coming along great Kim!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Greg Hile

Truly amazing. It just gets better and better!

1-32

thanks, everybody,  watch this space there has been a size change I have had to cut 25 mm or 1 inch off its length. last night it fitted into the case but as I added more stuff I would not fit anymore.no worries I think it is for the best it does not take me long to cut it up and reglue.the right-hand side was a bit strange and with this size change it is a chance to make good.i like to look at the whole display, not just the model, after a hard look I think there can be improvements.i will take a picture and do another post cheers

1-32

my mum thinks I should have been in demolition I have to admit I do enjoy it.so the new width is 425 mm or 17 inches.to do all this I have to make good this side and change the back scene most likely about a weeks work this is with the design for the new side. tomorrow I will get the saw out cheers Kim

detail_stymied

I had a completely different interpretation of the timeframe of the layout until Mr Blue and his 'oh-so-modern' hard hat came upon the scene. initially I assumed he was there for scale/ size reference, but now fear he has come to stay.

perhaps a trip to Val's for a chapeau change, and then into the "parlor" for a bit of ink, would soften his presence?
I envision a beret, horizontal blue & white stripe top, and some faded bell bottoms . . .
s.e. charles

1-32

yep, te Barbarin has come to town, scale to ratio nope I will have no part of that thanks.
all the best Kim.

1-32

Hi all fixed what was a mess last weekend is now all patched and bogged up.cheers

detail_stymied

one of the coolest accessories, yet!
s.e. charles

1-32

good morning -hi Mr Detail yes my cargo bikes they started life as 1-35 scale military bikes I added the cargo bit great little projects.I have included 3 pictures the first 2 are of the collapsible stand it comes apart and fits into the slots under the baseboard. the last one is of the packing cube where all the bits are packed it fits between the top of the baseboard and the back scene.
cheers, Kim.

Bill Gill

All snuggly tucked away, Kim. Nicely done.

finescalerr

Most of us have enough trouble just building a diorama. You not only build it but engineer it to be portable and then figure out how to pack it without destroying all your work. I'm obviously out of my depth here .... -- Russ

detail_stymied

I must take a moment to wax philosophical. my cousin caused my first interest in model railroading in the late 1950s when I was about 6 or 7. he was older and had an American Flyer rail empire in his basement. Lionel, he pointed out, was not realistic with its 3 rail system. I still have visions of the running commuter at the station platform and being allowed to put a few drops of oil in the engine so it could blow smoke rings.

anyway, I think I enjoy your modeling because it's not necessarily a "railroad model", or even dependent on a railroad,  even though there is certainly much to allude to freight and commuter traffic coming and going. Particularly because it creates a vignette, slice of life, which not only tells a story, but invites the viewer to add his own ideas on what is, has, or might be, happening next.

all of the works I have seen produced by you continue to evoke this feeling. there are no "bookends", at least that I can see, that hold the viewer to only one conclusion, but rather urge additional action every time they are viewed.

I believe that is a real gift which many lifetime modelers never attain regardless of their technical savvy, electrical gimmicks, or graphic arts skills become perfected over time.

thank you for sharing your works!
s.e. charles