• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

It has a very cohesive appearance. Wonderfully adequate. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Kim,

your model looks extremely colorful to me, like a painting. Beautiful! I too do like the plants and the corresponding ones near the shop.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

good morning all.
South Creek Road now is taking its final shape with the addition of the top of its travelling box which is also its backdrop and lighting valance. the main material used is 3 mm ply now I will install the lights and do any more finishing of the model under this light source.
cheers Kim.

Bill Gill

That's wrapping up nicely, Kim.

finescalerr

Looks adequate so far. -- Russ

detail_stymied

"I really like model trains, but just have no room for a layout."

another myth debunked!

with great hopes you will continue sharing your creativity and craftsmanship.
s.e. charles

1-32

lights for South Creek Road.
I need really good lighting but I cant use all the usual methods, in fact, most of the solutions I didn't like much so I design and fabricated my own.over the years I have built a lot of custom lighting set up and my latest version is part of that elevation. this version I really like -kit, very good daylight,  no heat,12 volts, adjustable baffles for different conditions, light and a little adjustable flagpole at the front so you can display your personal details or make a miniature graphic for information-cheers

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Another expression of your creativity. Satisfactory. -- Russ

detail_stymied

a fitting marquee for the BIG show!
s.e. charles

1-32

thanks there is one more piece of the structure to be built before I go back and finish the model.it is 2 fold-out legs metal legs that will be on pivots that are attached under the model.i will make a form that the soft metal rod will be bent.pictures to come cheers

Barney

A ver colourful atmospheric scene - I can smell it from here ! - no need to go big you have achieved it well in such a small space.
Barney   

1-32

thanks, Barney I hope it does not smell of old socks.
so clouds -here is my effort acrylic paints on plywood so completes the back scene.not much I can say but I wanted the hand-painted effect it goes very well with the overall build. the location is right,  just in that little space above the tattoo sign.
cheers.

Ray Dunakin

What a great scene! So full of character.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

The backdrop is perfect for the diorama and you have a good eye for emulating the sky. -- Russ