• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Looking Good rapidly - Great atmosphere
Barney

Ray Dunakin

Ditto what everyone else said! Marvelous work!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi, all how are we all going.South Creek Road is now in its finished shape, Val's hats have been moved the outdoor area has changed and a start has been made on the concrete cheers.

Design-HSB

Kim,

very nice and already the unique mood can be seen.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

detail_stymied

great looking retaining wall.

any chance of a 7 3/8, grey, fedora in stock?
s.e. charles

finescalerr

Another beautiful diorama shaping up. You might consider putting some kind of warning signs in front of Val's hats to avoid Val's splats. -- Russ

1-32

good idea about the Val's splats.

Ray Dunakin

I am really loving this diorama! What a great build!

Ray Dunakin's World

detail_stymied

and very helpful for perspective to see its entirety. certainly packing a wallop of detail and views into a manageable space. thank you for sharing with us.
s.e. charles

1-32

hi, all thank you for the great comments.looking at it now I feel I can get a bit more out of it especially around Val's hats and that complex what I am looking for is the feeling of space.while I am thinking about it I will work on the small whalf scene in front or the new big green wall.at the moment including the baseboard there are 10 pieces .to get away from the architectural side of it all I have bought  another German mini trains  mechanism these work really well and a very reliable slow speed is possible[9 mm gauge] it will be fun to see what it ends up looking like.
cheers kim

finescalerr

Kim, remember the first 1:23n2 diorama article you sent me back in 1993 or 1994? And then a second a few years later. You must have build a dozen or more and every one is outstanding. You should be in some kind of hall of fame. -- Russ

1-32

maybe Russ but seriously there are so many great modellers around the world most have their own signatures.i have included an illustration from Japan that I find inspirational.amazing perspective and wonderful skill using watercolours.
cheers kim.

Bill Gill

Kim, That is a nice watercolor.
And, my hat's off to you for your latest arrangement of your diorama. In fact, I think I see it peeking out behind the first row of hats in Val's window :)

Ray Dunakin

That painting is excellent. Very cool.

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi, all poor Val really hates me now anyway I am sure it won't last long.in the last post I said I was not happy about the look of that area around the hat shop , I went to work and this is what came out of it now I am happy.it  needs more work but at least the basic shape is there.the shape breaks down into 4 pieces for easy packing and assembly is by locator pieces glued onto the pieces.
cheers kim.