• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Since I flew with my own model train in hand luggage I know the expression in the face of the inspectors. Please open this I have to see, then comes from the mouth. Everything with something not at the last moment, to check in.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

hi, Helmut how are you doing nice to hear from you.
in my last group of photos, some of the brickwork was bothering me so out I came.my work has mainly been directed at concrete and asphalt both I find difficult, I really like the asphalt in Cahill expressway.i feel I am getting somewhere with the concrete but the asphalt is another thing I just keep trying.
in one of the photos, you can see the back scene board onto that I will glue the back scene this is also the top of the box-cheers Kim.

Design-HSB

Kim,

I'm fine and I finally get the control technology for my Klosterstollen model solved.
That's just not something that would fit into this great forum, like your excellent work shown here. There are now 3 buttons on my model now, where visitors can even start actions in the model.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Kim, I think Narayan explained how he models asphalt in the 2013 Modelers' Annual. If you don't have it and want a copy send me a note. -- Russ

Barney

Inspiration and atmosphere
Barney

detail_stymied

I like the layout of things so the track is not right up on the front of the benchwork.
s.e. charles

1-32

hi all .Asphalt I have had a look at the article by Narayan great stuff using his approach of hand-laid brick pavements and moving asphalt looks great this approach now seems to be common.I had a good look at my asphalt and I have come to the conclusion that the whole scene is too bust there are just too many textures fighting for attention so I remembered an old approach that I have used I will share it in alter post but it has calmed the whole scene down.
cheers kim

1-32

hi, all I have been doing a bit of work on the left-hand side water has been added.in the last post I mentioned how I felt about my asphalt there is an updated shot.cheers

detail_stymied

I keep searching for the frog!
s.e. charles

Ray Dunakin

Excellent work!

The only thing that looks "off" to me is the way the water comes over those rectangular slabs in the first photo. It doesn't appear natural.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi Charles and Ray.
yes, those pads foundations for floating objects may be the photo helps.
but s-t, I will most likely have to redo all the resin water on the right side the bottom has not dried so it is still really gooey after 4 days.I most likely did not mix it properly.it has happened before it is usually a mess but it gives me the opportunity to change anything.
cheers

Ray Dunakin

Ah, now I see.

Too bad about having to redo the resin.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Have you ever tried Liquitex medium viscosity acrylic gloss medium and then a couple of applications of varnish? According to Don McKenney, a very good modeler, Liquitex cleans up with water, produces no toxic fumes, doesn't smell bad, dries fairly quickly, and looks good. I don't have a decent image to post even though I spent several minutes looking up this information. -- Russ

nk

Kim It looks like you really nailed the asphalt. This is really nice to see coming together.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

1-32

hi, thanks for your comments.
I just go to show that rarely I get it first go sometimes it takes a lot of goes no worries.one thing I might get rid of that barge I have something else in mind.
cheers