• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael mott

Looks like a good start on the base, I take it that the pins are just holding till the glue dries.

Michael

detail_stymied

Quote from: Lawton Maner on December 02, 2017, 09:13:33 AM
 ...I have a mock up of an oil dealer on the RR in the basement that is made from oatmeal boxes ...

oatmeal boxes and #10 tin cans were the "craftsman kits" of the '50s.
s.e. charles

Lawton Maner

You are going to tell me there are better materials out there then cereal boxes and tin cans?  ;D

detail_stymied

the "finescale" version encouraged the wrap of construction paper to lend the realistic effect.
s.e. charles

Lawton Maner

Detail_stymied:
     You are going to fit in well with this group.

Barney

Atmosphere and inspiring already !!
Barney

detail_stymied

not to sidetrack, but reinforce the value of imagination and executing things with common materials as being some of the core values of a true modeler, I reference this put up recently by my favorite blogger: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._L._Moore
s.e. charles

1-32

hi all.
I have become a bit impatient and sick of cardboard cutouts soi have made a start, left foreground .this is a small wier sort of structure that acts as a holding point for the big pipe either going or coming.this week I will get the epoxy resin and do the water ,slime green of course cheers.

Ray Dunakin

Nice start! What are you using for the bricks?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi Ray how are you doing for the bricks I use a product made Juweela  out of Germany 1-35 or 1-32 scale.they are individually glued down with white glue the motar is Hydrocal.cheers

finescalerr

Adequate so far. Keep going. -- Russ

detail_stymied

I enjoy this type of building as one section encourages further production, rather than having everything in an unfinished state thus retarding any incentive to get "over the hump".

great finishes and textures in one condensed area.
s.e. charles

1-32

hi .
yes I have set pieces in mind I treat them as separate dioramas  and then combine them on the motherboard.one of the tricks is to make the motherboard neat and accurate so when you add the pieces there is a seamless fit-well that is the idear.also with these very small large-scale displays the more you can take off the better,  pack it  somewhere around the motherboard an example of this is the space over the backtrack will be used for the light valance.as for the lights, i have been collecting different styles of directional mini display LEDS I will give them a go.
anyway happy Christmas everybody and I hope that you get a bit of hobby stuff under the tree this Christmas.
cheers

1-32

hi all.
well, that was Christmas done and dusted.this little piece is my latest section for South Creek Road you can see where it fits.card and plaster, hand laid bricks, mainly watercolour finishes.it will be glued in place and the resin water added when all the sections are in place.usually, this is the base level of detail.
cheers kim.
https://images59.fotki.com/v1653/photos/3/1816483/14515115/P1030024-vi.jpg.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World