• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detail_stymied

beautiful little tea kettle with a cute behind!
s.e. charles

finescalerr

I've never seen that one. Thanks!

The guys who built those 1:32 scale Shays and chain drives are Robert Stephens and Roger Russell. Stephens dropped out of the hobby around 1995, sort of disappeared around 1997 and, as I just discovered from a Google search, died in 2013.

Roger is in poor health but, between then and now, built three or four layouts in scales ranging from 1:64 (Sn3) to 1:32 (1n3). He also detailed or rebuilt some S and O scale locomotives and, if I recall correctly, a few years ago scratchbuilt a 1:32 scale Shay. I have no photos of the Shay. I published whatever photos Roger sent of his other models and layouts. I'll send him an e-mail and hope he's in good enough shape to reply.

Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on July 31, 2018, 01:02:23 PM
I've never seen that one. Thanks!

The guys who built those 1:32 scale Shays and chain drives are Robert Stephens and Roger Russell. Stephens dropped out of the hobby around 1995, sort of disappeared around 1997 and, as I just discovered from a Google search, died in 2013.

Roger is in poor health but, between then and now, built three or four layouts in scales ranging from 1:64 (Sn3) to 1:32 (1n3). He also detailed or rebuilt some S and O scale locomotives and, if I recall correctly, a few years ago scratchbuilt a 1:32 scale Shay. I have no photos of the Shay. I published whatever photos Roger sent of his other models and layouts. I'll send him an e-mail and hope he's in good enough shape to reply.

Russ

Am I right in thinking that Roger Russell lives in Floridia ? If so I believe I paid him a visit back in 2004 with Brian Nolan and had an hour or two viewing his layout and models . I did take pictures but am darned if I know where they are .

Nick

1-32

there you go somewhere I also have a picture of a kitbashed industral steam loco by Robert Stephens somewhere pipes and valves everywhere if I remember on a Roco chassis.So on my rummage to find pictures I also came across this Deutz 1/32 n20.the chassis was made by the Model Company of Australia and I made the body and finished it.i don't know if the Model Company is still in business but in there day made first-class products even if they took a long time.
cheers kim.

1-32

ok, I have found some.
https://images44.fotki.com/v1644/photos/3/1816483/14515115/P1030924-vi.jpg.
he captured the feeling of running a rundown logging company very well let's face most were all hand finished .it looks like he had a package going -loco track turnout plus some accessories $2,300 US dollars fair price 26 years ago I wonder if he sold any.
cheers

1-32

Pretty impressive cover hey Russ.

detail_stymied

s.e. charles

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Kim, was that loco in either of the 1:32n2 layout articles you sent me? If not, you built one similar. As great as the layouts were, your bashed critters were every bit as impressive. I loved those articles. -- Russ

narrowgauger

Hi Guys

yes, The Model Works Australia is very much still in business and continues to supple a range of 1:35 or 1:32 scale collector models as well as custom building brass models in 48th, 7mm, 1:35 & 1:32 scales.

have fun & stay cool
Bernard S

1-32

ah there you are, Bernard, I was beginning to wonder
cheers, Kim.

1-32

morning all.
I will continue along with the heading SouthCreek for a while as long as I still am doing 1/35 scale on 9 mm track.so I have been fiddling around with some more stuff this time a turnout using Peco 9 mm set track and building a small flat car the 1on 1 scale would be 2.4 meters long[8 foot] by 1.2 meters wide [4 foot]. the signal arm on the flat car is a standard gauge arm in 1/32 scale.
cheers kim

detail_stymied

both car and turnout look appropriately worn. signal flag looks like it's on the way back from the "shops".
s.e. charles

1-32

hi more likely the signal arm has been stolen and put on eBay.