• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

the rusty old over the hill costal trader in 1/35 scale

Started by 1-32, September 23, 2017, 09:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

detail_stymied

Quote from: 1-32 on September 28, 2017, 12:57:25 PM... if you want to call a sun damaged 64-year-old Ozzie cute it is ok...

you're just hitting stride; following along
s.e. charles

Greg Hile

detail_stymied

s.e. charles

1-32

hi
yes I watched it all the way through -great was it the 1950 ish
cheers Kim.

1-32

hi, all .more of my next story is being built.
progress on the boat, track and a rebuilt 1-35 scale on 9 mm gauge little loco.I want a continual run in a small space using a large scale, I have come across jelly models from Milano this is there track 9 mm gauge,37 cm long and get this 6 cm wide really tight curve but it works.this is perfect for me as all you will see is the front.with the diesel Dapto the first version was a bit of a waste so here is the rebuild much better.the boat now has now become a type of salvage boat complete with zodiac rubber run about and hydraulics.the wheelhouse is now at the front.
as to the rest, it will be the same size as Dapto multi-level kit.
cheers.
].

Stoker

Nice work. Wow. That is quite the tight radius, I can hear the howls from the proto-operations crowd all the way across the pacific.  :D
Regards, James                        Modeling in 1:48 after a lengthy bout of Scalatosis Indecisivis

1-32

who cares I have a whole lotta more fun.I think Fraud once said -go forth and cast off your callipers no it was the French revolution.
no, seriously I have no interest in recreating reality I have neither the space-time money or interest.
cheers Kim

Ray Dunakin

Cool. The boat is looking good. How did you bend the track to such a tight radius?

What is a "jelly model"?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi Ray how are you doing.
I buy the track with the radius I was a bit sceptical at first but it works.Jelly Models is a niche model supplier from Milan Italy, they stock all sorts of unusual small-scale railway stuff.this style of track is Crazy Track.
cheers Kim

detail_stymied

Quote from: 1-32 on October 26, 2017, 02:34:32 PM
... I have a whole lotta more fun.... seriously I have no interest in recreating reality ....

at one time, I worked for a fellow that was quite well situated. cars, boats, planes, the real thing and he had them all in multiples. someone told me "that lifestyle isn't real".

but it was real to him and his peers.

personally, I think reality is over-rated, and the beauty of a hobby is to make something which suits "us". so for you, that radius 'round is your reality.

for me? I think the Zodiac is a bit under scale!
s.e. charles

1-32

yes, you are right my feeling exactly.at this moment I am fiddling around with it. came from a model boat supplier in Los Angeles and I thought to give it a go as it is a hard shape to scratch build.what i am doing is increasing the depth by building up the seat.it is looking a bit better.also, i am having second thoughts about the boat to me it is getting too chunky.what I am worried about is whether it all fit together what I will do I build a few mock-ups of the overall scene and see.
cheers

finescalerr

"personally, I think reality is over-rated"

Feel free to apply that sentiment to more than just modeling!

Russ