• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

No. 493 at Silverton; C&O 490

Started by Ed Morris, April 25, 2017, 09:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Morris

No, this is not really a vintage photo.  I took the photo of 493 in June, 2015, in Silverton.  I was experimenting with Photoshop and Nik Efex Pro creating vintage looking images.  I overdid this one, but was learning the techniques.

finescalerr

It's no more "overdone" than some from Mal Ferrell I restored ... only I suspect it would be easier to "restore" yours. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ed Morris

Here's a different take on the "photo aging" process.  I took this image back in 1978 at the B&O Museum in Baltimore on slide film, most likely Kodak Ektachrome.  I aged this photo to look like an old, fading, color print.

This steam locomotive was originally a Pacific 4-6-2, but was rebuilt by C&O as a 4-6-4.  I haven't found any information on who may have designed the streamlined shell.

finescalerr

Now that I'm old, even brand new things look like that to me .... -- Russ

Ed Morris

I'm constantly surprised to discover that something I think I did recently happened ten years ago, or something I think of as new is actually thirty years old.  Then I see the same thing listed on eBay by some millennial as an "antique."