• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson tugger hoist

Started by Chuck Doan, January 10, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admnelson

Chuck, I've been catching up from page one. I am in total awe. And you keep adding something new, when I keep thinking it's finished. Absolutely beautiful work.

Well, I'm going to hobble upstairs now and do some work on my little HO details. Nothing to compare to your modeling. That's absolute perfection.

Ray Dunakin

It looks so good, I find it difficult to take my eyes off it!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much for the nice words! It has been fun, and I am sad it is almost done. :(

Almost.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

That close-up is so embarrassing. It is so obvious it's a photo of a model! -- ssuR

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Good thing most of us here have lost our minds and my wife doubts I ever had one. -- Russ

Greg Hile

Quote from: Chuck Doan on January 11, 2017, 07:16:30 AM
"[T]echnically it all could rotate. But it will be a static model, though I will probably test the rotation anyway while making motor sounds (when no one is looking).

Chuck, once again, an absolutely incredible job!

But, after all the anguish you have caused us on this project, leaving a number of people speechless, others staring endlessly at the photos, and all of us needing therapy of some sort to address our feelings of inadequacy, I'm thinking a video of you testing the rotation would be in order and go a long way towards restoring our sanity.

With sound ...

Greg

Ed Keen

Honey, hid the weapons. Stunning. What a joy to follow along.
ed keen

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much! Greg, I should have videoed that. Especially the look on the cat's face.  :o

Well, this part is done, or at least I seem to have run out of parts to attach. I will try to get some final detail pics when things cool off; I  don't want to test the melting point of the 3D parts.

The construction pallet is 4" x 6" (102mm x 152mm). The wood sled this will eventually mount to will be 18" long.

finescalerr

That should become an iconic photo. It looks like a giant has picked up a real hoist. It's positively jarring. I think that suggests you have created a successful model. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Well Chuck, you've certainly reached the pinnacle of realism. No matter how long or how closely one studies this model, there is literally nothing to break the illusion of reality. What's more, the studying is a pleasure! The construction, paint, and weathering all combine to perfectly portray the singular beauty inherent in a well-used piece of industrial equipment.

Ray Dunakin's World

TRAINS1941

Oh my God you have totally out done yourself!!

A picture worth a thousand words!!

This one is for the books for sure!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Bill Gill

Ya done good, Chuck, and all within the perimeter of a snapshot!

Lawton Maner

Nice bit of photoshop work to insert your hand so you can continue to pretend that you are presenting a model to us.