• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson tugger hoist

Started by Chuck Doan, January 10, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juke Joint

Bill Gill

EZnKY

The foot pedal is particularly well done Chuck.
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: EZnKY on January 07, 2018, 08:35:40 PM
The foot pedal is particularly well done Chuck.

I agree! The detail in the pedal and its counterweight is stunning.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

TRAINS1941

Your sure this is a model?  You just keep out doing yourself with every step you take.

Jerry

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

I thought your tractor was superb. This is even better! -- Russ

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much! I'm somehow still enjoying this one. But I still wouldn't use the F word.

(finished, what else did you think?)
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Hauk

Quote from: Chuck Doan on January 07, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

I would like to belatedly thank Håvard (Hauk) for his finding of the Kyosho roller chain, oh maybe 6 or 7 years ago. It was the main reason I started this project, and it works perfectly! Glad I finally got around to using it.

Great to hear that I played a (very) small part in instigating this fantastic project!

I´m stating the obvious, but your work is state of the art. It is crying out to be the topic for a book. Perhaps one in Rinaldi Studios "Single Model" series?

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

shropshire lad

Quote from: Hauk on January 14, 2018, 11:18:58 AM
Quote from: Chuck Doan on January 07, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

I would like to belatedly thank Håvard (Hauk) for his finding of the Kyosho roller chain, oh maybe 6 or 7 years ago. It was the main reason I started this project, and it works perfectly! Glad I finally got around to using it.

Great to hear that I played a (very) small part in instigating this fantastic project!

I´m stating the obvious, but your work is state of the art. It is crying out to be the topic for a book. Perhaps one in Rinaldi Studios "Single Model" series

The problem with that suggestion is that he uses a kit to demonstrate his painting and weathering techniques . These techniques are possibly achievable for us lesser mortals if we practice enough , but what chance would we have of trying to reproduce in any meaningful form what Chuck does ?

What it needs is a high quality magazine that is not afraid to publish articles on top quality modelling . There used to be one , but the owner grew old and quit to enjoy pleasures of the flesh in his dotage ,

Nick

finescalerr

Finally a reason to exclaim this to the world: Nick, go stand in the corner!

I hope you guys realize that I didn't get "too old" to keep publishing. It just wasn't worth the enormous time and effort to please a handful of superior artists with superior intellects for an insufficient income. As much as I love publicizing a gorgeous model, editing articles and restoring photos, laying out pages and, worst of all, needing advertisers, became too great a burden for too little compensation. The best I can offer is this website and I've always hoped it would be, if not quite enough, then at least adequate.

Russ

TRAINS1941

Come on Russ you know your to old for publishing and thong girls!!  ;)

Jerry
George Carlin

nk

Chuck, you just keep getting better
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Chuck Doan

Thanks Narayan!

Sorry, not a thong girl, but today I took a couple of quick shots with the Fordson tractor in place. The tractor will eventually (hopefully) be completely re-done, including the replacement of the current anti-gravity front mount with something more conventional. The main drum is still in process.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

TRAINS1941

Progress just the same.  Hopefully this will continue sooner than later!! ;)

Jerry
George Carlin

finescalerr

Is the the same brand of tractor you used on the barn diorama? I seem to remember you bought two. If it is, will it require extensive rebuilding? -- Russ