• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson tugger hoist

Started by Chuck Doan, January 10, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

As above comments + just like the real thing can smell the oil and grot from over here
Barney

TRAINS1941

Do we have an update  on this yet??

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on November 26, 2019, 05:40:48 AM
Do we have an update  on this yet??

Jerry

Some people are so impatient . You know how fast Chuck works , so don't expect anything until after Christmas .

I , on the other hand , churn out models by the dozen . If you like I can show you a picture of an oil drum I've been  working on for a few days !

Nick

finescalerr

That poor Shropshire guy is hopeless, utterly hopeless .... -- ssuR

Mobilgas

Craig

TRAINS1941

Question is will Chuck be finished before Nick's house...  ???

Jerry
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on November 26, 2019, 11:14:47 AM
That poor Shropshire guy is hopeless, utterly hopeless .... -- ssuR

Ooh Russ, you say the nicest things .

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on November 27, 2019, 08:59:13 AM
Question is will Chuck be finished before Nick's house...  ???

Jerry

Probably .

Chuck Doan

Not much to update. I fitted the Danbury wheels in order to begin designing replacements in Solidworks. And then trying to stay interested in cutting and assembling 200 pieces of radiator fins and spacers (which is about 23.7 percent more interesting than watching paint dry, but only because a sharp knife is involved.)

Nick, feel free to add on a couple of rooms, you have plenty of time. (and where is that oil drum picture?)

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

The new bright red wheel is the most realistic and fascinating detail so far. Love it to death. -- ssuR

TRAINS1941

Chuck

Only 200 pieces?  Wait till you see how many pieces are in Nick's barrel...

Love those front wheels gives it a lot of class.  ;)

Jerry
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Last bit of modeling for the year. I built and started weathering the radiator core, using the same exact method as the previous tractor I did. Eighty five .003 Mylar laser cut fins, .010 styrene spacers and .02 styrene rod for the tubes.  Easy, but tedious.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Nothing wrong with that subassembly. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Cool! (right to the core) :) looks like a greta detail to wind up the year with. Merry Christmas, Chuck!

TRAINS1941

Chuck that is looking really nice. Glad you have the patience.

You have lived up to your title Mr. Wizard once again this year!!

You can take the rest of the year off!!! ;)

Jerry
George Carlin