Westlake Publishing Forums
December 12, 2019, 03:12:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Designing a shadowbox diorama  (Read 19188 times)
Ray Dunakin

« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2019, 07:28:11 PM »

Wow! Awesome work!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin’s World
narrowgauger

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2019, 10:52:36 PM »

Hauk

I will need build you a small rivet press to punch the "rivets" into the etches;  would save you a lot of time and ....................... lots of money.

having said that the work as always is superb.

Bernard S
Hauk

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2019, 01:56:11 AM »

Hauk

I will need build you a small rivet press to punch the "rivets" into the etches;  would save you a lot of time and ....................... lots of money.

having said that the work as always is superb.

Bernard S

An very generous offer! Wink
But I just love those turned rivets... To me, they look far better than punched rivets, and they add to the structural integrity of the model. I will also try to make a few real riveted connections to keep everything firmly together during further construction.
The rivets cost a little (app. 8 cent a piece), but it is an indulgence I treat myself to!

But if you ask my shrink, he will probably claim it has something to do with not having a toy like this as a kid:

Regards, Hauk
--
”Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them”  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past
Design-HSB

Klosterstollen

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2019, 03:10:05 AM »

Hello Hauk,

again impressive what you're doing. I can confirm to you I also love the studs inserted. I also use wires, which I then round off from both sides. This has the advantage that the rivet heads on both sides are the same size and thus look even better as really riveted.

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal
5thwheel

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2019, 08:38:59 AM »

Oh, yes there will be rivets!
I use turned brass rivets from several different sources (including Scale Hardware, me thinks). And it is really not that much work.

Beautiful Hauk.   I also use Scale Hardware nuts and rivets. Spendy, as you say but save a lot of additional hand work.

Bill Hudson

Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.
nemmrrc

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2019, 03:24:11 PM »

Lovely work. Will make an outstanding diorama in the end.
Jaime
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: