Westlake Publishing Forums
November 14, 2018, 04:38:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Red Cedar Veneer  (Read 1664 times)
Lawton Maner

« on: June 20, 2016, 03:09:01 PM »

I've found a Western Red Cedar veneer in the frozen fish department at my local Trader Joe's.  8 7x8" sheets in a package for $5.99.  I am going to use it for cedar shakes on 1:48 scale models.  Link to the manufacturer: www.wildwoodgrilling.com.  I am going to get a small half round carvers gouge so that I can make fish scale shingles.  And, no I haven't cooked with it yet. 

Once I finish the first roof sections, I will post pictures.
lab-dad

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 05:33:16 AM »

I have used similar products on several 1:48 buildings.
AND cooked with it too!
-Marty

Martin G. Jones Photography
    Go not where the path leads
Go instead, where there is no path,
           And leave a trail
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 12:28:10 PM »

Does that mean you burn your models after you finish them? (I've considered that option for some of my own models.) -- ssuR
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: