• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

La Strada Motorcycle

Started by Carlo, December 12, 2015, 01:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

I'm looking for a 1/12 scale motorcycle (kit or diecast) To serve as the basis for a model/diorama depicting the type of 3-wheel machine featured in the famous Italian movie of the 1950's, "La Strada". It needs to be early (1930's to 40's), with spoke wheels and a modest motor. I am attaching pictures to show what I mean. Any help appreciated.
Carlo

Here is the cycle in the film, and two others with similar flavor.

greenie

Hi Carlo, look on E-bay for  VINCENT motor cycle, you'll get the exact front end out of that 1/12th scale model kit.

Here's a link to the - 'evil one' -  for that kit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINCENT-BLACK-SHADOW-Serie-C-REVELL-1-12e-/301823710463?hash=item46461854ff:g:dO0AAOSwbdpWZbMG

regards  greenie 

greenie

Just had a hard second look at that first photo, it sure looks like the whole front section of that arrangement, is a VINCENT motorcycle and they have done a cut and shut and grafted that weird arse end onto an absolute classic motorcycle and totally stuffed it all up.

OH, and there's NO modest motor in that crazy machine the Italians have "desecrated", it was with-out doubt, the most powerfull production bike motor in the world, when they were introduced and let loose out into the wild.

regards  greenie

Ray Dunakin

Funny, I just saw that movie recently on Turner Classic Movies, and thought that 3-wheeler would make a great modeling project for somebody.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

greenie

Just for those that like to do a 'tad' more research than others, here's a little something for you, ---------------------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Black_Shadow

regards  greenie

Carlo

Thanks for all the input.
From my own research, the motorcycle was said to be a Sertum 500 from 1945. This seems to be a fairly obscure Italian
brand made from 1932-1952. Of course, no one markets a model of it, so I have to scrounge.
Carlo