• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

2 cylinder engine for a model boat

Started by michael mott, October 09, 2015, 01:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael mott

The comment in Barney's thread about the band clamp reminded me of my own work with a working band clamp on this gearbox. the scale is 1:8 the model launch will be approx 28 inches long my hope is to have the engine fully functional

https://vimeo.com/114459975

the gearbox uses a clamp to operate the forward and reverse for the prop.

https://vimeo.com/114630316

https://vimeo.com/115835685

This is just another of those projects that seem to take forever to complete and so I distract myself with other projects to keep busy.

Michael

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

lab-dad

OH MY GOD!
That is stunningly beautiful and simple and complex - all at the same time!
-Marty

Allan G

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Looks like it runs by bugle power. The construction is rather satisfactory. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Michael,

so this is your knitting, uh? Absolutely stunning craftmanship.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Bill Gill

ooow ooow, can you make a video when you run it?

Barney

Very nice How do these "Brass people "do it
Barney

Seattle Dave

OK - I've decided that I may as well set all my tools out for the trash pickup and take up basket weaving!  OMG, what fantastic work!

Dave
Dave VanderWal

Allan G

OMG!!!!!  OMG!!!! Absolutely incredible! Allan

Ray Dunakin

Ditto that OMG!!

Is this a gas engine, diesel, or steam?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Okay, you can stop the charade; your mom helped you, didn't she?

Now to be serious for a moment: All your photos are links from Photobucket. You do realize, I hope, that inevitably they will disappear from this website because something will change at Photobucket. I have asked a million times that we upload our photos to THIS forum regardless of wherever else they may be. Countless threads about superb models already have become useless because the image links expired.

What is the point of my spending money month after month to maintain this forum if its contents gradually disappear? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET YOU GUYS TO STOP LINKING AND START UPLOADING?

Russ

michael mott

Ok Russ
I hear you! one of the reasons that I have linked to Photobuket is that I cam add the text in between the photos which makes the text and pictures more relevant in a contextual way, for instance on another forum  I can upload the pictures to the forum site but I can also add them inline like this (See picture at the end of this text)

with your site they always line up at the end after the text . is there a way to put the pictures into the text without them piling up at the end .

I do not have a problem with a limit of 4 pictures or the size of the total uploads.
I think that the reason others have done what I have done is because of the same reason I did it. I would be happy to support the site with some funds if this option costs more money for you.

Regards Mike

Barney

Speechless - groans and mutters - and superb photos Im on a downer now !!!
Barney
sleeping