• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

a bobber for the C&V

Started by Bill Gill, September 28, 2015, 06:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

Two bobber cabooses were just added to the C&V RR roster. They are a mix of old Mantua shells on new Bachmann undercarriages. These models are very basic, but it appears they can be somewhat photogenic. The first photo is #15 on the road in the early morning light. The second is a closer look at the back of that van. Since this is the end that will most often be seen, it could use a small detail to catch the eye. A prototype photo of a bobber with a bracket & chain to keep the airhose from dragging fit the bill.

Ray Dunakin

Nice! I like that first shot, lots of atmosphere.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Thanks, Ray. For a while at his time of year the morning sun comes through the window where the layout is and some nice effects can happen. 

jshack

Bill,
First shot is great. Like the attention to detail on the second, looks like it's served a long life, door scratched up, some faded paint. How big is your layout?
Any more shots of it?

Jeff

Bill Gill

Thanks, Jeff. The lighting in the first photo enhances the look of the caboose while obscuring the details. The second reveals how basic it actually is, but each project is a small step.
My layout (HO scale) is tiny: 20 sq ft within a 4X5 ft area. Only small areas done to the point of being able to pose photos.

jshack

Bill,
What small area you have done looks great! More pictures as you progress!!!!
Jeff