• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

2ft Gauge mining critter in 16mm scale

Started by Barney, September 27, 2015, 10:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Hope this helps with the nut/bolt/rivet issue     -   My apologies for the colour forgot to change the white balance thingy !!
Barney

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Looks great, can't wait to see some paint on it!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks Barney, much appreciated.

Impressed with both technique and the drawings ...... What programme are you using ?

Oh and one more question to glue the nuts in place with a solvent or super glue
Gordon

Barney

Gordon - mainly super-glue when its just the head of the rivet or nut - only use MEK when using the sprue and hole method
What "Program" are you having me on ! old school here a pencil and a piece of paper  - photo into the Apple thing and type the words on the photo
Barney

Lawton Maner

Remember if you cut those little b******* in a clear plastic bag which your wife brought her dry cleaning home they won't become ballistic entities which vanish into the void.  Same trick for small springs. It works quite simply when you insert a medium sized cardboard box into the bag and drape the front down over your arms. For regular use, spray paint the interior white.

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Barney

A Bit more progress after a bit of a rest ! engine now completed and undercoat on - front and rear lamps and few other bits done last few nuts and bolts to go and in the paint shop this week !

Barney

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hydrostat

So much about knitting a new hat to match your anorak, hu?  That's great  :o!

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"