• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

2ft Gauge mining critter in 16mm scale

Started by Barney, September 27, 2015, 10:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

In my search for small Mine locos I came across this Ruth Company mine "trammer" small prototype so it just had to be large scale 1/16th  (3/4in = 1ft) these little critters came in many forms  and made use of many available Fordson parts - engines were petrol or diesel I'v gone for a 3 cylinder diesel according to the reading a "home spun" version from the owners workshop and what was available at the time.
So out with the Lego Blocks and a start has been made
Barney

Barney

The Radiator cowl is of a "Universal Hobbies" Fordson E27N a new shorter fuel tank has been made using the Universal Hobbies end panels

Barney

The wheels are curly spoke type from the Slaters range of narrow gauge wheels - the centres have been filled with Milliput

Barney

The 3 cylinder engine is started life as LEGO BLOCKS and skinned with plastic card - drive wheels from acrylic rod

Barney

where do you put your feet - the answer is anywhere you can drivers never looked very happy !

Barney

The brakes looked a bit dodgy to !

Barney

a bit more

Barney

Next step the connecting rods and those iffy ! band brakes
please note all you eagle eyed modellers most parts so far just placed together for trial fitting
Barney

Design-HSB

Hello Bill, very interesting little engine and as a fan of mine locomotives i like should indeed special.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

lab-dad

Looking forward to more!!!
A Fordson and 1/16th? Yea!!!!!
Marty

Ray Dunakin

An interesting prototype + a brilliant start to the model = Awesome project!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Barney

Brake gear and connecting rods nearly completed (Im sure the manufactures of this little critters - the brakes were a bit of an afterthought)
Barney

Hydrostat

I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"