• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

In-ko-pah RR: Dos Manos depot

Started by Ray Dunakin, May 20, 2015, 07:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Thanks, guys. I'm really pleased with this one, and it's right up front where visitors can get a good, close look at it. I'm planning to make a special box to cover it when not in use.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Disgustingly excellent. And, yes, cover it to protect it. That depot is a gem. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

I shot some pics last night with the lights on... it looks so cool! For these shots I just hooked it up to a 9v battery since I haven't yet run wires to the depot site. Here are some of the night pics:

In this next shot, the small lights above the depot are from the Cliffside Mine:

The frames photos on the wall by the stairs are pics of my dad:

I'm not real happy with the figure seen through the bay window. It was just a resin copy of a cheap figure I found on ebay a long time ago. I may replace it later with something better:

Ray Dunakin's World

darrylhuffman

Ray, most phone booths were closed to keep out bad weather.

But open or closed would be fine.

Looks great.
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.

Design-HSB

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

I recently built a special box to protect the depot from sun and weather. It's made from 6mm Sintra and painted with white exterior house paint:

It was pretty easy to do this for the depot because it stands alone, and on a flat surface. I would like to do this for my other buildings, but the grouping and locations make it difficult.

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

That looks like a good idea. How much room is there between the rest of the town and the mountain?

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Bill Gill on February 09, 2017, 06:18:41 PM
That looks like a good idea. How much room is there between the rest of the town and the mountain?

None. Some of the buildings, the second story actually sits on the side of the mountain.

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Oh, my! That looks so much better than the original model! -- ssuR

lab-dad

You should put "TERMITE" signs on it!

;)

Barney

Very realistic and great detail - very nice photography and the creation of atmosphere
Barney 

Chuck Doan

Great idea Ray, that depot is special. Of course you have a lot of other buildings that I think should be protected too.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: lab-dad on February 10, 2017, 04:54:19 AM
You should put "TERMITE" signs on it!

LOL! Now I'm actually feeling tempted to paint it to look like fumigation tenting.

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32