• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

In-ko-pah RR: New pics

Started by Ray Dunakin, April 11, 2015, 12:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eTraxx

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on April 18, 2015, 08:48:35 AM
Thanks. What did you use to do that?
Paint Shop Pro has (so has PS etc) a Perspective Correction tool. Basically a box with 'handles' on the four corners. You drag the four corners to align to the structure in the building aligning so they match the perspective and click the 'go' link. The distored box then is squared up and your pic is corrected.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Bill Gill

Ray, I posted a demonstration here   http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=2567.0   of what Ed did with his Paint Shop Pro to correct your photo's perspective, Only I used GIMP, which is the program I happen to have. Hope this further shows how easy it is. Try it, you'll like it :) 

Ray Dunakin

Thanks. I have PS Elements, I'll have to take a look and see if it has a tool like that.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

eTraxx

Ray. It may look very different. Here is how it looks on Paint Shop pro. See the crooked box with the handles on each corner? You simply drag the corners until the box follows the perspective in the photo. You then click the check mark which applys the correction. You may have something similar.

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

TRAINS1941

Ray just perfect modeling.

Wish I lived in warm weather. That would have lasted about 2 weeks here Jersey this winter!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ray Dunakin

Here are a couple new pics. In this first shot, a train is seen from below as it crosses the big trestle over Serenity Canyon:

Here's a shot from late in the day as a freight train crosses a stone arch bridge at the west end of the line. Above it is the Princess Shilo Mine. The Cliffside Mine can be seen in the distance at the top:

Enjoy!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

The first one is quite good. -- Russ

lab-dad

GOLLY!
That layout must be HUGE!
Lovely pictures.
-Mj

Ray Dunakin

Here are a couple photos of a bridge I just finished. It's for a 15" gauge mine tram, that will run from the mines above Mineral Ridge, across to the mill. I gave it a planked deck because I figure they wouldn't want to risk spilling rocks onto the building, pedestrians or vehicles below. This is also the reason for the corrugated metal along the sides (plus it hides some less-than-prototypical construction elements):

I still need to extend the concrete base of the bent, and also fill in a couple small voids in the concrete. The bent, and most of the bridge, is made from strips of styrene textured and painted to look like wood. The deck is 6mm Sintra.

Ray Dunakin's World

Allan G

Ray; I'm a relative new-comer. How long have you been working on this "layout" (or is it a city)? Allan

Ray Dunakin

Hi Allan! This is on my In-ko-pah Railroad layout, a 1/24th scale, outdoor model railroad. All the structures are scratchbuilt.

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Here are a few recent night shots from the In-ko-pah Railroad. These all feature the Dos Manos depot:

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Virtually no indication we are looking at models. Satisfactory. -- Russ

lab-dad

Great images Ray!
I love the ambiance of the quiet night time shots.
-Marty