• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

In-ko-pah RR: New pics

Started by Ray Dunakin, April 11, 2015, 12:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Here are a couple photos I shot today...

The desert is in bloom as an Alco RS-3n pulls a freight through Serenity Canyon:

In this staged publicity photo for the railroad, a passenger train pauses atop the Serenity Canyon viaduct, while a freight passes below. In the foreground, the "Tin Lizard" railbus rolls through a cut next to the abandoned Monolith Mine:

Enjoy!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Sun comes up early there! Very nice Spring scene and fun publicity photo. Always good to see the In-ko-pah.

mabloodhound

Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

finescalerr

What camera did you use? -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Thanks guys!

Russ, I just used a little Canon SD880-IS pocket camera, 10mp.

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Still haven't had time to do any modeling, but here are a few more recent photos...

Multiple crossings over Serenity Canyon:

The sorting house at the top of the Mineral Ridge Mill, with the Cliffside Mine visible in the background at upper right:

A train passes through the town of Mineral Ridge:

Enjoy!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

So nice. Do you at least bring the trains inside after hours?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Yeah, I bring in the locos, railbus and passenger cars. The freight cars get parked inside a tunnel.

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

My favorite is the "one more" photo. -- Russ

lab-dad

Fix the distortion on that last one and desaturate it a bit and one would be hard pressed to say it was a model!

I really think pictures like these help to keep your motivation going.

-Marty

Ray Dunakin

I had a little time today to put up a few more pics...

Here's the ore bin at the Princess Shilo Mine:

A freight train pulled by a steam locomotive passes through the town of Dos Manos:

Here's a close up view of structures at the Cliffside Mine. On the left is the powder magazine, where explosives are kept. On the right is the wooden ore bin:

An old stone cabin at the ruins of the Monolith Mine:

And here's the interior of the cabin. A 55-gallon drum has been turned into a crude wood-burning stove:

Also, yesterday we finally replaced our flimsy, canvas-topped gazebo with a new, all-metal one. Made by Hampton Bay, it's attractive and very sturdy! I had to replace the canvas on the old one every two years, at least. This one should last a good long time:

Ray Dunakin's World

eTraxx

my attempt at correcting the perspecive on that GREAT photo
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

Thanks. What did you use to do that?

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

The interior shot with the stove is great. Virtually no giveaway. -- Russ