• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The New Trumpers Mill in 1/135th

Started by Barney, February 03, 2015, 02:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Nearly done but having problems with the "governors balls" and run out of tube for the smoke stack
Barney
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Lots of pretty black polkadots and shiny copper rings and little red berries. It stands up rather well as a model, too. Virtually perfect so far. -- Russ

Sami

Barney

some progress but some steps backward ! laid the floor support beams out but only glued in place - ground cover was too wet and the beams floated away !!! "Dam it I said" so started again with the help of a few pins - the pins will be covered with various beams and brackets - The concrete floor for the engine and bricks for the boiler support now in place - trial fit for drive pulleys and brackets - changed the drive wheel on the engine for a bigger one
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

finescalerr

This might actually be pretty decent when you finish it. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on March 24, 2015, 11:55:33 AM
This might actually be pretty decent when you finish it. -- Russ

I wouldn't bank on it . I saw it at the weekend and I don't hold out much hope for it . Still , if he were to ask for my help then there is a slim chance it might not be a complete disaster !

Nick the Modest

LesTindall

The "red bits" (non-technical phrasiology!) - is that heat shrink tubing?
Les

Barney

Les - the "red bits" Heat shrink no -now that is technical for me -its just the outer covering of electrical wire

Barney

Barney

Undercoat on most bits and general trial fit of the bits
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

finescalerr

danpickard

Ah, grey primer.  We should be allowed to just paint everything in grey primer.  Puts everything on an even playing field and the individual details can be appreciated, rather than some disappearing through additional paint and weathering processes.  Everything in the one shade of grey would remind me of an actual 3D version of a virtual 3D render.  I was going to say 50 shades of grey, but thought the thread might attract the wrong crowd :)

Cheers,
Dan

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works