• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The New Trumpers Mill in 1/135th

Started by Barney, February 03, 2015, 02:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

following on from a year ago " a steam engine for a saw mill " a start has been made on the steam engine and boiler in 1/35th
Acrylic rod for boiler and bits from the scrap box
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki 

Ray Dunakin

Great start!

I've got to get some of those Legos.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Looks good so far. I love the color .... -- Russ

Gordon Ferguson

I do hope, that for once, you are going to get the right type and number of rivets on that boiler/firebox  ;D
Gordon

Barney

Here we go - I was waiting for the "rivet counters" to rise from were ever the come from in the winter months armed with magnification and digital things to blow photos up beyond all proportion !!!!!!
I just put the first row of rivets on - Iv checked and double checked and checked again I even checked it again to make sure !!!! (it looks the same as the first one )
still life must go on and all future photos will be the size of a postage stamp - but "Trumpers"Mill lives on
Barney
Did any one see the article on rivets in the latest Narrow Gauge & Industrial Review no 101 all I can say is WHY !   

finescalerr

I counted eleven rivets in your reply. You are missing some. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Quote from: Barney on February 05, 2015, 01:20:39 PM
Here we go - I was waiting for the "rivet counters" to rise from were ever the come from in the winter months armed with magnification and digital things to blow photos up beyond all proportion !!!!!!

I lie in wait. Make your move.
By the way: You'd use some brass parts. That's not fair. This snobby material tends to develop distaste for lego blocks. Doesn't work to hide them. Be aware!

Very clean built. One can even perceive it at those digital pics. Although it was better to see some paper prints straight from your darkroom.

Cheers,
Volker  ;)
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

shropshire lad

Quote from: Gordon Ferguson on February 05, 2015, 10:45:22 AM
I do hope, that for once, you are going to get the right type and number of rivets on that boiler/firebox  ;D

Well , if you are going to Nick pick this early in the build we had better point out the first faux pas . In the title of the thread itself . Unless  Barney is working in a new scale that nobody has heard of .

Barney

Go to the top of the class Mr Nick You are now number one "rivet counter"

Barney

Alan Rees

Does it burn real coal or just meths ?

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hydrostat

Looks very good, Barney! According to the fire box Lego brick it is smaller than it seems to be at the pictures. Amazing work!

Cheers,
Volker

I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"