• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/16th scale Fordson (and diorama) DONE!

Started by Chuck Doan, September 22, 2008, 09:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

My makeover of the Danbury Mint die-cast is finally finished. I am having some issues with my new computer, but here are a couple of pics:

The laser cut radiator fins by Tom Fitzgerald (Crystal River Products) came out just as I had hoped.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

jacq01

Chuck,

fantastic  :o :o :o
   Thanks for sharing the solutions you found on your search for reality here and on fotki.
   All your work has been inspirational for me in my search for the sawmill project details.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

TRAINS1941

Chuck

It just doesn't get any better than that.  What you have accomplished should inspire anyone who loves modeling!
Thanks for all the learning and teaching of great ideas.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

marc_reusser

About Time!  ;) ;D

Absolutely beautiful. The attention to detail as with all your muids is just superb.  The leaves stick in the radiator are a great touch.

....now stop overexposing/overlighting your photos ;)

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

danpickard

Chuck,
Attention to detail shows through again at its extreme.  The translation from real thing to the model is near impossible to fault.  Of course, we now want a nice outdoor pic of it set against the old barn diorama base just to cap it off.  I hate having to look at your stuff, coz I have to go and clean the drool out of the keyboard after I've sat studying the pics for so long ;) ;D.

Whats next?

Dan

finescalerr

Satisfactory work, Chuck.

Incidentally, Chuck's second article about building the diorama the Fordson will grace, appears in the upcoming Modelers' Annual. The new article tells how to age and distress metal, how to make signs and labels,how to fashion protruding nails, deals a little with ground cover, and is full of all kinds of other goodies. It is pretty much the definitive article on structure details.

Russ

Chuck Doan

THanks for the nice words! Its nice to be done with it.

Nothing like a new computer and monitor to throw my pics for a loop. Back to the book...

Dan, not sure what will grab me next, but it has to be simple!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

Krusty

Well, this is going to leave a great void in my life. No more wondering what Chuck could come up with next that would possibly top what he's done before. No more being totally blown away when he does it.....

It's an awesome piece of modelling.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

k27rgs

Chuck

the model and photography - brilliant

Mario

Franck Tavernier

Chuck, congratulations! I am at a loss for superlatives to describe your results on the Fordson, it's a must! You have done a fantastic work, and it's really difficult to say if it's reality or modelling...

Sets the bar another notch higher!

Franck

chester

Another utterly magnificent build Chuck. Those rad fins were so worth the effort.

Chuck Doan

Thanks guys! I agree Chester, I was real happy with it.

Scratchman

Chuck, this  has been one great makeover. Can't wait to see it sitting on the diorama.  The Danbury Mint needs to do a second run of this tractor.  It would make a great base for a number of great projects.  Hope you're still planning the monorail engine with your remaining tractor. 

Gordon Birrell

Chuck Doan

Thanks Gordon! It was a lot of fun once I got past the metal re-work. I can't imagine doing another to this level, but I would like to make a rolling model of the Monorial tractor using that neat chain you and Marty found.

mic greenberg

Hi Chuck.

Astonishing and bewildering come to mind. Makes me want to throw stones at my models. Congradulations and regards.

Mic