• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/16th scale Fordson (and diorama) DONE!

Started by Chuck Doan, September 22, 2008, 09:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Hey, Mic! Quit goofing around over there and start another model project! Don't even joke about throwing stones at your stuff or I'll fly over there and kick your butt! -- Russ

Chuck Doan

Thanks, Mic! Saw your new tip sheet in the Gazette, but otherwise...Unc is right, get (or continue) modelling! Hope to see new stuff from you sometime.

CHuck
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

lab-dad

Mic!
First; Welcome aboard!
Second; throw stones? are we building a stone wall?
You've made your first post, now show us some pictures of what you've been doing!!!
(Russ isnt it a requirement for members to submit pictures?)
-Marty

finescalerr

Uh-oh! You'd better be more specific about those pictures of what Mic is doing, Marty! Let's limit them just to his model projects.

From what he last told me, though, he's been goofing off for the past year or two and can't seem to find the motivation to start a new project. We need to light a fire under him, make him realize how old fashioned he is, impress him with the realization that he couldn't possibly build a model up to current prize winning standards, and maybe encourage the poor, old, over-the-hill guy with some gentle suggestions about how he might improve his shoddy work with contemporary modeling techniques.

Also, maybe we all should chip in to buy him a jar of chickenfat, the Super Breakfast Food of all Astounding Modelers.

Russ

TRAINS1941

Mic

Welcome aboard.  I take it if you joined you had something to say or show us.
I saw ad in the Gazette also, maybe you should show us how that's done!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Just in time for the Fall harvest, I have finished my Large Scale Vacation:

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

TRAINS1941

I would call this!

"DOWN ON THE FARM WITH CHUCK DOAN"

Just an outstanding finish to a beautiful modeling job!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

TrevorCreek

Chuck,

Nothing less than stunning!!!  Your modeling talents are truly amazing and inspiring.

Frank

LeOn3

Chuck,

Great job you did with this.
I showed some friends these pictures and they didn't believe it is a model.
Just great work.

Leon

RoughboyModelworks

Outstanding work as always Chuck - truly inspirational.

Paul

finescalerr

Very marginal work, Chuck. But keep trying .... -- Russ

jacq01

Chuck,

Stop fooling us and show us the photo's of the model, please.

Jacq

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Chuck Doan

Thanks for the kind words! Russ, I promise that the third or fourth one of these will be more pleasing!

Jacq, here's the (hand) model....

lab-dad

all I can add is my eternal admiration, and a round of applause.
I just unpacked my O scale version...........
congrats, I bet dad is pleased.
-marty

morgan Hill models

Great Work Chuck!! Lets see you started this in Oct. 2005, thats 1 wall and 1 vehicle. My calculations it should take you about 38 more years to finish the rest of the Farm!! - Better get started!!
Keep up the good work!
Dont let Russ bring you down  ;D

-Jon