• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sci-Fi racer

Started by Gordon Ferguson, December 16, 2014, 02:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Bit of a cheek posting this on this forum , it's not a model of anything real , no plans , no drawings or pictures of a pro type ............ And certainly no CAD, or 3d printing , there is a bit of metal but that's only the lead foil seat belts .

Very much influenced and based on the style of Marcel du Long's work work, who not only let me borrow his ideas but also kindly provided input during build.

Still it might amuse one or two people

Basic shape made up of bits from the scrap box , mostly 1/72 & 1/48 aircraft bits

Scratch-built cockpit

& finally a selection of finished shots

Gordon

Mr Potato Head

See what happens when you think outside the box!
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

This is a nice model and an appealing design. Good job on finishing one Gordon!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

1-32

hi gordon.
your little racer will appeal to a lot of people,great job .
regards kim

finescalerr

It's only slightly insane, perhaps a reflection of its builder. But it certainly belongs here. Satisfactory. -- Russ

turtle

Definitely appeals to me, quirky in the sense it's not sure if its Bonneville racer or mid 70's F1 or !!  ;).
Looks like someone has a soft spot for the Gulf Porsche 917K livery  ;D, but then again who can't like that colour scheme  8).
Good to see you are quietly pottering about in the background there, hope to see more  ;).   

Hydrostat

Some nice and clean modeling and paint job. And quite funny. Considering the tire pattern there's a single cylinder two stroke engine under the hood, huh?

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

lab-dad

Love it!
Also a HUGE Gulf racing livery fan
-Mj

Gordon Enquist

Now that is cool. Some paint on the figure and maybe a salt flats base and call it done.
Cheers Eh!

Gordon Ferguson

Here you go Gordon, just about what you asked ....... Although going for the minimalist look, so all that will be different is a proper base just painted satin black , no weathering or vegetation ...... Just car, driver and safety barrier

Gordon

Barney

Very nice and a bit different and its '' FINISHED "
Barney

Mr Potato Head

Gordon :o :o :o
You've already found the guard rail :o :o ;D ;D ;D
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

finescalerr

Striking from every standpoint. Adequate. -- Russ