• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Glover Machine Works 2-6-0 in 1/16 scale

Started by Scratchman, May 08, 2014, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: Chuck Doan on August 10, 2014, 08:32:07 PM
I concur Mon Uncle!

Get it right , Chuck  . It should be " Mon Oncle". http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mon_Oncle

I reckon M.Hulot is the spittin' image of Russ . Well , that's how I imagine he looks like .

finescalerr

As in M. Hulot's 'Oliday? Naw, I look more like his kid. -- ssuR

Scratchman

Thanks guys for your comments. Here's two photos of my progress.

The next jig is a flat board with graph paper and two strips of basswood glued to the top. The two strips are spaced out to the track gauge. To this I added  wood assembly blocks to hold the boiler cab and rear frame assembly in place. With the help of this jig the rest of the loco can be added.

Out of styrene I finished the rear frame with coupler pocket and the two rear cab braces. The ash-pan is build out of wood and styrene. The tri-cock valves are castings from Precision Scale Co. The injectors are scratch-built. And all of the valves and valves handles are from Trackside Detail

I will finish all of the pipe detail and other cab detail before adding the roof.

Gordon Birrell

finescalerr

Construction quality remains adequate. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

billmart

Beautiful work, Gordon. 

I model in 1:13.7 scale (7/8ths of an inch equals one foot).  There are very few detail castings available in this scale so scratchbuilding items such as injectors is just a necessity.  I'd love to see a close-up or two of your injectors so I can go to school on how you made them.

Bill Martinsen

5thwheel

Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

LesTindall

Its a while since I have seen any updates on the Glover. I was wondering what driving wheels will you be using as trawling through suppliers there is little or non in the way of G scale or 16mm loco driving wheels available, its all wagon/coach wheels.  The only way I could think of having any would be 3d printing (for a static model). 

Les

Scratchman

Thanks guys for your comments. I've been working on 1:1 projects on my home all summer long. Now it's time to get back to modeling full time.

Bill... I copied castings from Trackside Detail for my injectors. I'm working on the rest of the cab details, before moving on to the running gear,
Les...I will build up the drivers the same way I did on my little Baldwin loco.

Goron Birrell   

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbirrell/

Scratchman

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Barney

Very Nice - nice to see the updates
Barney