• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 scale ruler?

Started by Ray Dunakin, May 04, 2014, 08:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Anyone know where I can get a 1/32 scale ruler?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

I would recommend using an architectural scale/ruler. The 3/8"=1'-0" side is the same as 1/32 scale.

Otherwise the compNy CTT INC. out of Dallas, Texas; makes the cheapie tranparent plastic ones available in RR Hobby shops.

I have both, and always use the architectural scale, as it is more accurate.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

I have a few of the most accurate and useful ones I know of, gifts from the owner of the now defunct ScaleCard. If you should wander up to Westlake Village I will give you one. They are of clear, flexible plastic and accurate to something like 0.001-inch. Questions? You know the number and e-mail address. By the way, the CTT rules are almost useless to us; the ones I had went down to only 3 scale inches.

MicroMark still may sell a six inch stainless steel rule with 1/32-inch markings and two rows of offset holes, perhaps four scale inches apart useful for marking rivets.

Russ

Mr Potato Head

I have the cheep ones and the expensive ones, but the best are architectural, or machinist, but if you have a woodworking store or go to the woodworking websites they will have them also.
But don't tell Marc you are building in 1/32 the "Bastard Scale"
he'll take you off his mailing list!
MPH
1/32n2  ;D 
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho