Westlake Publishing Forums
August 16, 2017, 07:25:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: ground zero  (Read 6143 times)
1-32

C:\Documents and Settings\Kim\My Documents

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 12:02:13 AM »

interesting ray.
here in australia they closed down a area as big as germany no big deal no body goes there anyway.all that is really there are complexes with lots of radar domes if you know what i mean.all the original inhabitants have been moved to horrible settlements.
regards kim
1-32

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 11:26:28 PM »

hi all good to see so many good modelling happening.

well house no 2 death valley ground zero is happening.this is on big house built around a frame of 9 mm ply wood[3/8]

scribed siding,sheet wooden shingles hand built windows doors and cellar doors.overall a lot of work.
kind regards kim
Chuck Doan
Mr. Wizard

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 02:26:56 PM »

looking good Kim!

Years ago, my friend and I came across some old military vehicles on a desert hike not too far from Camp Irwin. Each had numerous chalked inscriptions "hot" and a date. We later guessed these were from a nuke test.

“They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details.” -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/
1-32

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »

hi chuck how are you doing.
this has been a interesting project for me and the end result is beginning to look like the real thing.working out the scale from the pictures[in fact there is no scale only propertions] has worked.it seems that i am building more for the camera than ever before as the saying goes the" camera never lies".
i am not a big fan of the subject  it is a small job that will give me some modelling money
i have to apoligise for my really bad spelling and grammer it is getting worse and should not be viewed as a reflection of the australian education system.i have never been able to visualize words end of story.
kind regards kim
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 12:53:29 PM »

Are you going to apply scale radioactivity to the model? -- Russ
1-32

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 04:10:50 PM »

hey russ.
if i have time i plan to have some fun with the house.
kim
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: