• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Logging Arches

Started by NORCALLOGGER, October 27, 2013, 07:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Rick, shows you how much I know about these engines..... I modified the kit's flywheel, had too many holes, but never thought of the direction of rotation.

Will add that to the other things that are wrong with it and that have been pointed out to me  :(
Gordon

NORCALLOGGER

Hi Gordon,

I wasn't trying to be a pain.  I just happened notice that because I had such a difficult time building the ones for my Cats.  As it is I have only about half as many holes in them as they should have.

Later
Rick

NORCALLOGGER

No progress to report on my Arch project but I ran across this old film of logging operations that took place just up the road (60-70 miles) from here and there is some really excellent footage of cats and arches at work.

Take a look here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aWszU7S4Ug

No audio but none is really needed.
Rick

NORCALLOGGER

Wow, I knew that it had been a while but didn't realize that it had been 2 1/2 months.  Well I finally have them painted and weathered and am able to call them finished.  The prototype picture is of an arch that was built in the late 20's early 30's and what it looks like in 2013.  My builds represent the same arch but in 1939 and still being used so they are not quite so weathered and battered.

Everybody claims to like pictures so here they are, hope its not too many.

Thanks for taking a look.
Well, on to something else.
Rick

Ray Dunakin

Nice! Looks great hitched up to the Sixty, with a log in tow.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr