Westlake Publishing Forums
September 19, 2017, 07:32:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/16 Diorama - Backyard Hospital Supply Railway (inspired by Lainz)  (Read 74285 times)
Lawton Maner

« Reply #165 on: April 03, 2017, 08:07:14 AM »

The worst thing you can do to Russ is egg him on.
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »

I know Easter is coming but this forum is about modeling, not eggs! -- ssuR
mad gerald

Restless Native

« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2017, 08:25:41 AM »

G'day all,

I added some details (only 2d-print, no 3D-prints Grin) to get a better impression if the arrangement will match my idea of this micro-layout. I already spotted some things/details I'm probably gonna change converting this mock up into a real micro-layout ...

Cheers

Ray Dunakin

« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2017, 06:10:04 PM »

Looks like it will be a fun little build.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin’s World
mad gerald

Restless Native

« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2017, 12:54:07 PM »

Looks like it will be a fun little build.
... you bet! Cool

A last impression of the once again modified mock up made from gray cardboard and prints ... now I''m gonna start with the conversion. No need to poke fun at the door knob which is located far to low Grin ... the door wasn't printed to scale (just for illustration purposes) ...

Hydrostat

« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2017, 02:26:37 PM »

Gerald,

the room above the left entrance looks a bit strange, as flat as it is?

Cheers,
Volker

I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.

I'll fly it. I'll make it.
mad gerald

Restless Native

« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2017, 03:07:34 PM »

...the room above the left entrance looks a bit strange, as flat as it is?
Sorry, that my mock up left space for misinterpretation, but that's not an entire room but only a kinda additional rooflight/fanlight/skylight (don't know usual term in english), similar to a dormer window, letting in (more) daylight ... comparable to the ones often used at workshops and industrial buildings with single pitch roofs (rooves) ... example

Cheers

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:16:45 PM by mad gerald » Logged

mad gerald

Restless Native

« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2017, 11:21:09 AM »

Happy Easter!

There are many prototype railways with 10.25" (260 mm) gauge. I'm always interested in corresponding building reports, actually this one over at the Buntbahn Forum heavily attracts my interest. I simply could no longer resist and built a small wagon in 1/16. This wagon had to be a little bit smaller than the ones I built recently with a prototype gauge of 430 mm. It is supposed to run on 16,50 mm (16,25 mm) gauged track, representing 10.25 gauge. Therefore I mounted an additional rail (between the two present rails) on my test section to get the necessary gauge of 16,50 mm. Rails, track and radius match prototypes. I eventually put my hospital supply railway layout on hold and gonna use my actual micro layout building a ridable (miniature) farm railway in 1/16 scale with a prototype gauge of 10.25" ...

Cheers

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:23:17 AM by mad gerald » Logged

Ray Dunakin

« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2017, 05:54:08 PM »

Looks good!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin’s World
mad gerald

Restless Native

« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2017, 03:22:26 AM »

Looks good!
Thanks, Ray! Just my humble attempt to catch the spirit of an agricultural tramway on private property ...

BTW: Does anybody know a source for wheels (approx. 9 mm diameter, approx. 4 mm width) suitable for feldbahn purposes?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: