• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/16 Diorama - Backyard Hospital Supply Railway (inspired by Lainz)

Started by mad gerald, October 02, 2013, 12:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad gerald

Quote from: Hydrostat on January 21, 2017, 02:07:53 AM
I rather commiserate your choice of gauge, which may give the model some toyish and caricatural touch. I think there haven't been too many 361 mm feldbahn lines in manufacturing industry.

Volker, just in order to avoid any possible misunderstanding: my choice of gauge (26,7 mm) will represent original 430 mm gauge (quite common in Feldbahn operation), apart from the fact that would be only just 70 mm less than in Lainz (500 mm) ...  thanks for your input anyway ...

Cheers

PS. Let's see, if I'll manage it to avoid giving it that toyish touch ...  ::)

Hydrostat

Gerald, you're right. I ´was thinking in wrong scale but still think this is a very narrow gauge ...

Quote from: mad gerald on January 21, 2017, 03:00:04 AM
PS. Let's see, if I'll manage it to avoid giving it that toyish touch ...  ::)

Sure you will. Just jump the shark pool.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

mad gerald

I'd like to add another pic so you'll get a better impression regarding the size and the proportions ...

mad gerald

Modern Feldbahnwagen Version 3 (under Progress) is a wagon with a special shaped (angular) bottom panel, similar to some ore cars (i. e. the ones Hauk is building at the moment). It's comparable to the little ,,Sattelbodenwagen" (exhibit #41) of the VVM (Verein Verkehrsamateure und Museumsbahn e. V.) collection or the so-called ,,Mistwagen" (car for waste/scrap) in Austria, which are conversions of the cars formerly used at the hospital supply railway in Lainz/Wien.

For the ultimate versions of my modern Feldbahnwagen (with their slightly shortened frame) the tight radii are no longer a problem: Version 3 (,,Sattelbodenwagen") combined with the CAT-style forklift truck on rails serving as an example

finescalerr

mad gerald

G'day all,

Even my nano layout track plan had to be modified slightly ... allthough the term "track plan" might be a little exaggerated if you look at this distorted oval ...  ;)

A big part of the oval will be covered or masked by buildings. So it will be hopefully hardly recognizable, that the train only runs around in a circle ...  ::)

Cheers

mad gerald

Hmmmm, wait a minute ... there seems to be an empty place left in the shelf ... (starts wondering if a micro-layout or at least a diorama would fit in) ... may be it would be a little too tight - but it's worth a try ... (quits the scene, still mumbling, and starts building a card boad mock up) ...

finescalerr

finescalerr

mad gerald

Bill Gill

finescalerr

mad gerald

Just putting in some colour to make the dummy appearing more attractive and explaning what's the idea ... no modelling yet - only testing, arranging, check proportions, simply "look and feel" ...

Cheers

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World